“Quiet, relaxing”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Reviewed 18 April 2017

I loved the lodge feel of this hotel, it's beautifully decorated and relaxing feel to it. The pool and jacuzzi are large. The staff was extremely friendly. The bed was comfortable and the room was large. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The queen suit was large and pull out sofa comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank warren762

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Hotel and room were fine as far as they way they looked and for cleanliness. However, my issues with the room and why I won't be staying here again are the following. Upon arrival I went to put drinks into the refrigerator. A couple of hours later I had bought some more and when putting them into it I noticed nothing was cold. I moved the credenza and saw that it wasn't plugged in, so I plugged it in. I started to have a low screeching sound which I then realized why it was unplugged (instead of replaced?). The alarm clock also made a low electric buzzing sound every 10 minutes or so. I finally had to unplug it around 2am in order to sleep. The toilet seat would not stay hinged which was also an annoyance. One of the elevators near me (I was on 3rd floor) stopped working. The AC is directly under the window and passes through to the outside so the traffic noise into the room was very loud... all night. Lastly, there was no channel guide for the TV which made trying to figure out what was on at a certain time very challenging when there were ~80 channels to click through.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt C
Reviewed 8 November 2016

Wonderful property and fabulous staff! Hotel is a few minute drive to town but not a big deal. Great breakfast....lots of choices. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Justbreathe2000
Jerame P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Dear Justbreathe2000,
Well, we hope to have you back. It's always a pleasure to have a guest say they enjoyed their stay with us so much!

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Made a reservation with this facility through their national “800” number, but ended up calling the actual hotel to work out a few special requests. Talked to a few people on different occasions and not once was I made to feel like “just another customer.” The staff was always professional, knowledgeable, and courteous and made me feel like I was their number one best client, even though I had never been to this location.

We arrived at the property and were immediately greeted and the check-in process was flawless and efficient. I had previously asked if flowers could be delivered to the location, but I guess there is not a florist in town, however the staff, (Brittney, I think), offered to go to the local Albertson’s and pick something up for me and bring it to the room before we arrived and simply add it to the hotel bill. Needless to say, not only was I impressed by the service but the arrangement was exactly what I was looking for. The staff even went above and beyond to include their own special thanks and recognition of our special occasion. WOW, top scores for the front desk clerks.

The hotel is on the outskirts of downtown McCall, conveniently located on the way into town and is decorated in a rustic design with carved bears and other wilderness lodge type decor. Our room was spacious and was VERY clean, to the point where I started looking for anything out of place, but could find nothing. Bathroom mirror was spotless, shower head was clean, corners were mopped/vacuumed, etc. Bed was comfortable, with options of firm or soft pillows, AC/heater worked as expected, towels looked brand new and all the amenities were present in room, (shampoo, lotion, coffee, etc.). The Keurig coffee maker was an excellent idea. Top scores for the cleaning service.

This property has quickly become my favorite for its category (non-resort), because of their ATTENTION TO DETAIL. While other hotels that I have been critical of in the past have cut corners or made you feel like “just another number,” that was not the case here at all. Add valet parking, bellhops, a spa and a few other features that one would expect at an actual resort and this place would be setting the standard.

A few last minute items: fitness center was nice, pool and Jacuzzi were larger than I expected, laundry machines were available and continental breakfast looked pretty good with a very larger seating area. Sorry guys, I passed on the continental breakfast to go to “The Pancake House and Christmas Shop” conveniently located across the street, so I can’t comment too much on the quality of the food.
Overall – I will definitely be back to McCall for various events (ice festival, etc.) and wouldn’t even think of staying anywhere else…would highly recommend to couples, families and large groups. Way to go guys.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Room is definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 1DisneyFan1955
Jerame P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

It is wonderful to hear you had an amazing stay with us. We here at the Holiday Inn Express pride ourselves on giving the absolute best service we possible can to every guest and nothing is more gratifying than to have a guest praise us so highly. Thank you
David V.
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 14 October 2016

Loved this HIE and would definitely stay here again. The hotel is a beautiful lodge style property and indeed we felt as if we were at a lodge rather than a chain hotel. The room was spacious, breakfast standard, and the pool very relaxing and larger than most. Very good location on the outskirts of McCall.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leawatkins
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
0.6 km away
3 km away
Brundage Inn
Brundage Inn
#7 of 8 in McCall

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge? Share your experiences!