Made a reservation with this facility through their national “800” number, but ended up calling the actual hotel to work out a few special requests. Talked to a few people on different occasions and not once was I made to feel like “just another customer.” The staff was always professional, knowledgeable, and courteous and made me feel like I was their number one best client, even though I had never been to this location.
We arrived at the property and were immediately greeted and the check-in process was flawless and efficient. I had previously asked if flowers could be delivered to the location, but I guess there is not a florist in town, however the staff, (Brittney, I think), offered to go to the local Albertson’s and pick something up for me and bring it to the room before we arrived and simply add it to the hotel bill. Needless to say, not only was I impressed by the service but the arrangement was exactly what I was looking for. The staff even went above and beyond to include their own special thanks and recognition of our special occasion. WOW, top scores for the front desk clerks.
The hotel is on the outskirts of downtown McCall, conveniently located on the way into town and is decorated in a rustic design with carved bears and other wilderness lodge type decor. Our room was spacious and was VERY clean, to the point where I started looking for anything out of place, but could find nothing. Bathroom mirror was spotless, shower head was clean, corners were mopped/vacuumed, etc. Bed was comfortable, with options of firm or soft pillows, AC/heater worked as expected, towels looked brand new and all the amenities were present in room, (shampoo, lotion, coffee, etc.). The Keurig coffee maker was an excellent idea. Top scores for the cleaning service.
This property has quickly become my favorite for its category (non-resort), because of their ATTENTION TO DETAIL. While other hotels that I have been critical of in the past have cut corners or made you feel like “just another number,” that was not the case here at all. Add valet parking, bellhops, a spa and a few other features that one would expect at an actual resort and this place would be setting the standard.
A few last minute items: fitness center was nice, pool and Jacuzzi were larger than I expected, laundry machines were available and continental breakfast looked pretty good with a very larger seating area. Sorry guys, I passed on the continental breakfast to go to “The Pancake House and Christmas Shop” conveniently located across the street, so I can’t comment too much on the quality of the food.
Overall – I will definitely be back to McCall for various events (ice festival, etc.) and wouldn’t even think of staying anywhere else…would highly recommend to couples, families and large groups. Way to go guys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hunt Lodge in McCall, Idaho. A stunning Mountain Lodge located on Scenic Highway 55 in the heart of Idaho's west central mountains. Enjoy the rich ambiance, our attentive staff, indoor heated pool and spa, conference center, and high speed wireless internet in our luxurious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Hotel Mccall
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites - The Hunt Lodge
- Holiday Inn Express Mccall
- Holiday Inn Mccall
- Mccall Holiday Inn