All reviewswater busfirst floorjacuzzi bathgarden roomst marks squaregrand canalsuperior roomoverlooking venicevaporetto stoplovely hotelthe main streetpastriesthe hustle and bustlegran vialean upgradecold meatsvisiting venice
Reviewed 25 January 2009

Second trip to Venice and Lido. The first time we stayed on Lido and loved the views and the fact that it was not Venice proper (but Venice is only a 5 min cheap boat ride away). The hotel we wanted to stay in was closed for the season (Jan) and this hotel (Panorama) was close so we chose it. Good choice. The staff was great (say hi to Eugeno) , the rooms very clean, SKY TV is a plus, the breakfast is great, the views...awesome. The hotel is within 100 feet of the boat dock. I will stay here on my next trip to Venice.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank rmwjr
Reviewed 23 January 2009

We booked three rooms with lagoon view for one night. The first thing that I would say is that the staff are extremely friendly & helpful. I would also comment that the Hotel is one of the cleanest in which I have stayed, I would have no hesitation in staying again.

The location is really good. Being based on Lido you get the fun of the vaporetto journey which is great. The view over to Venice is superb.

The only criticism I would have is that as the Hotel is so close to the water taxi station, you do get constant noise of the boat engines & local buses throughout the night. I think it would be a good idea to get some kind of secondary glazing to cut this out as I did find it quite hard to sleep. As a tip to other guests - take some earplugs and I am serious about that. However, this minor point would not stop me from staying here again.

We found the rooms & bathrooms to be fitted to a good standard & the accomodation to be good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Panorama Hotel and it was excellent. We stayed there for 2 nights and since the first day we got to the hotel we realised all staff were very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and well experienced.Our room was facing the Lagoon and it had a fantastic view of Venice. Morning breakfast was very nice with lots of options. The Panorama has an excellent location in the lovely Lido Island which is only about 10 minutes by vaporetto from Venice, the transportation for the different islands runs every 10-15 minutes.Only two minutes from the hotel you will find a lovely boulevard with shops, nice restaurants in a very relaxed atmosphere. I currently work as a Travel Consultant in the U.K. and I strongly recommend to stay at the Panorama. We had a lovely time in Lido. Thanks a lot to Eugenio who provided us with an excellent customer service and made our stay very pleasant, we hope we can go back to Panorama.

Reviewed 25 November 2008

In Venice VCE ‘Marco Polo’ airport follow the signs to waterbus (vaporetto). You may buy your ticket (12€ single way) either in baggage claim area or at the quay of waterbuses called ALILAGUNA. It takes 50 minutes through the Venetian lagoon to Lido Island. ALILAGUNA will drop you off at Lido pier, just few steps away (just across the street) from the ‘Panorama Hotel’. If you prefer water taxi, it is faster but costs 95€.
The staff is warm and helpful, we stayed in a spacious room on the first floor, and it was clean but chilly. There was a problem with the heating system. They offered a good breakfast buffet which is included in room rate. Hotel Panorama is very central, Main Street of Lido starts from Piazzale S.M. Elisabetta in the forecourt of Hotel. Take public bus line ‘Alberoni’ to see the southern part of Lido Island.
A supermarket ‘Billa Supermercati’ is only 50 mts away from the hotel on the main street. There are good choices of Italian wines with cheap prices. So don’t forget to bring your corkscrew with you to Venice.
Public waterbus ‘vaporetto’ ACTV Lines #1, #51 and #61 take you to Venice every 5-10 mins. We bought a 36hr pass of ACTV which costs 21€. Try different lines each time to see different panoramic views through side canals and across St. Marks Bassin, with a view of the center of the town. The journey takes around 10-15 mins to famous St Mark’s Square. Line #1 is very slow and stopping everywhere along the Grand Canal and is a budget alternative to romantic moonlit gondola ride. Thanks to Venice Municipality for signs to top attractions in streets like ‘PER RIALTO’ or ‘PER SAN MARCO’. Otherwise you will be lost in narrow streets where you only see the sky.
Merceria is the busiest shopping street in Venice by the way don’t miss the Mc Donald’s for free toilets in this street. Pizzeria Peter Pan (Santa Maria Formosa, Calle Lunga, 6249) is a budget choice in this expensive city. They serve good pizza and chicken doner kebab.
The rate of our hotel also included a free excursion with a private water taxi to Murano Island to see glass works and glass furnaces. In fact it is a promotion of glass industry of Murano Island and in my opinion this offer is valid in every hotel. Ask for it and don’t miss it you can’t see anywhere how these famous Murano glass masterpieces are shaped in hands.
To view Piazza San Marco from Santa Maria della Salute Church (Our Lady of Good Health) is a must, the festivity celebrated every year on 21 November which remembers that irreplaceable possession is only good health. Its story is also very interesting which recalls one of the most virulent plague epidemics and how the Doge, when all remedies seemed to no avail, made a solemn vow to build a church dedicated to the Virgin. A few decades later the painting of a Madonna dating from 1200 which by decree of the Senate on 21 November 1670 from Candia (Crete) was brought to Venice after the war between Turkish Empire and Venice and was set on the high altar. From that 21 November the Madonna was known as the Madonna della Salute. Since then the votive visit to the church is held annually on this date.

2  Thank kozin58
Reviewed 21 November 2008

My fiancee and I stayed at the Hotel Panorama - and it was brilliant! It was a very special day for us as I 'popped the question' on the way from the airport to the Hotel.

The hotel manager Sabrina was amazingly helpful to organize EVERYTHING - from the private watertaxi, to the flowers and the prosecco. Sabrina and her colleagues made our stay perfect with their organizational skill and local knowledge (good restaurants, things to see etc).

The hotel itself has everything you need - for a fraction of the price of similar hotels in Venice itself. And as others have said before, it's kind of nice to escape the craziness of Venice.

We stayed in the Junior Suite which has really nice views of San Marco and the bay. It was clean, nice, not huge but well sized for Venice etc.

In summary, a perfect stay - and thank you Sabrina and colleagues for making it so special for us!!!