“Always a good meal”

Cafe Rio
Ranked #88 of 274 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We are local to CDA and find we drop by Cafe Rio when we are craving the sweet pork. Put it on anything it's good! Also the mint lime aid is so refreshing....love it too. Guacamole is also very tasty! Love that all the food is made as you want it, right before you, no guessing if the kitchen is clean or the food fresh!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I have been to this location before and will continue to return for the fast, fresh good food! The service was, once again, very good and the staff is always friendly. After trying another location in Twin Falls, ID, we appreciate that this location doesn't nickel and dime you! I order my burrito enchilada style (free in Coeur d'Alene, $1 extra in Twin Falls). I get extra medium sauce put on top of the burrito (free in Coeur d'Alene, $1 extra in Twin Falls). I get tortilla strips on top instead of pico (free in Coeur d'Alene, $1 extra in Twin Falls). The fixings are fresh and they fix meals the way you want them. We will be returning to this location!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I've always loved Café Rio, one of my favorite places to go. Usually they are staffed with happy, clean cut young people eager to please. You just know they've had a staff pep rally before shift!.
This was my first visit to the Coeur d'Alene restaurant. The male staff were way less than clean cut, and none of the staff seemed happy to be at work.
The food which we usually love was so-so, and the tables were sticky. A woman customer came in wearing a tank top and a thong with bum cheeks flapping. Ewww! If the tables are sticky, I don't want to think about the chairs!!! Almost lost my lunch!
I will be taking a break from Café Rio for now, and never again will I go to the one in Coeur d'Alene.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We just moved to CdA from Vegas and we were very happy to find a Cafe Rio in our new town. Their restaurants in Vegas are always packed as they deserve to be and the restaurant in CdA met the same high standards. Hope It takes off here. Quality and value are great. Love the daily specials! Cafe Rio's new app is also great.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

The food here is excellent! I know it's a chain, but the food is always hot and fresh. The service was again, just O.K. The employees are knowledgeable, just not overly friendly. It wasn't very busy when we were there, so we were helped fairly quickly. The restaurant was fairly clean, but there were tables that were dirty and needed to be cleared. I will make the visit here again for the great food, but just won't expect the service to be as good.