“Hygiene Deficient”

Cafe Rio
Ranked #85 of 271 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I've always loved Café Rio, one of my favorite places to go. Usually they are staffed with happy, clean cut young people eager to please. You just know they've had a staff pep rally before shift!.
This was my first visit to the Coeur d'Alene restaurant. The male staff were way less than clean cut, and none of the staff seemed happy to be at work.
The food which we usually love was so-so, and the tables were sticky. A woman customer came in wearing a tank top and a thong with bum cheeks flapping. Ewww! If the tables are sticky, I don't want to think about the chairs!!! Almost lost my lunch!
I will be taking a break from Café Rio for now, and never again will I go to the one in Coeur d'Alene.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We just moved to CdA from Vegas and we were very happy to find a Cafe Rio in our new town. Their restaurants in Vegas are always packed as they deserve to be and the restaurant in CdA met the same high standards. Hope It takes off here. Quality and value are great. Love the daily specials! Cafe Rio's new app is also great.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

The food here is excellent! I know it's a chain, but the food is always hot and fresh. The service was again, just O.K. The employees are knowledgeable, just not overly friendly. It wasn't very busy when we were there, so we were helped fairly quickly. The restaurant was fairly clean, but there were tables that were dirty and needed to be cleared. I will make the visit here again for the great food, but just won't expect the service to be as good.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Given this is a chain it's descent food. Not top notch as you create the add on's to your own dish. So it's as good as your make it. It's consistently descent for a quick bite to eat.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Be prepared, food is made to order so the line may move slower than a typical take out.

I absolutely love their chili beef tacos. Really delicious. I also love cilantro on my tacos which they have. HOWEVER, someone should clue them in that the tops can be easily chopped off the stems so you don't have much waste. The stems should not be left on. Irritating and I have heard others say the same.

The thing I am most grateful for is that they offer a CAFFEINE FREE DIET COLA. Something you hardly ever see that I think should be offered in all restaurants. Especially fast foods. The only alternative for children in most place is a caffeine free Sierra Mist or similar that has calories or a lemonade full of sugar. My grandchildren love the CAFFEINE free diet colas and so do I. They get a cola taste with no CAFFEINE and no fattening calories. I cannot take caffeine and don't want the calories. Kudos to Cafe Rio for offering one. THANK YOU.