“A lunch stop”

Cafe Rio
Ranked #85 of 271 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Given this is a chain it's descent food. Not top notch as you create the add on's to your own dish. So it's as good as your make it. It's consistently descent for a quick bite to eat.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Be prepared, food is made to order so the line may move slower than a typical take out.

I absolutely love their chili beef tacos. Really delicious. I also love cilantro on my tacos which they have. HOWEVER, someone should clue them in that the tops can be easily chopped off the stems so you don't have much waste. The stems should not be left on. Irritating and I have heard others say the same.

The thing I am most grateful for is that they offer a CAFFEINE FREE DIET COLA. Something you hardly ever see that I think should be offered in all restaurants. Especially fast foods. The only alternative for children in most place is a caffeine free Sierra Mist or similar that has calories or a lemonade full of sugar. My grandchildren love the CAFFEINE free diet colas and so do I. They get a cola taste with no CAFFEINE and no fattening calories. I cannot take caffeine and don't want the calories. Kudos to Cafe Rio for offering one. THANK YOU.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I know it's a chain, but we like the food. Most locations have excellent food, and this location is no exception! The service is just O.K., but the employees are knowledgeable. It wasn't very busy when we were there, so we were helped fairly quickly. The employees could be a little friendlier and the restaurant could be a little cleaner, but the food is worth the visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

My cousin took us to Cafe Rio ( we are from Virginia City, Nevada ) and it is great little cafe! My daughter had a steak quesadilla which was large, full of steak and delicious.
My cousin and I couldn't decide between the pork tacos and the special of the day, salmon tacos, so we ordered both and each had one salmon and one pork taco. I really couldn't decide which was better, they were both so amazing! All four of the kids had the free kids quesadilla and they had enough to eat, with sharing a little of our rice and beans.
I can see why this is a favorite with locals and especially those with young kids!

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

We stopped in on a Tuesday night for some tacos. They have a Tuesday special that we found very reasonable. I highly recommend the pork tacos, much more flavor than the beef or pollo. The staff was very friendly and great at explaining the process for first time visitors.