“Good food & service”

Cafe Rio
Ranked #86 of 276 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I know it's a chain, but we like the food. Most locations have excellent food, and this location is no exception! The service is just O.K., but the employees are knowledgeable. It wasn't very busy when we were there, so we were helped fairly quickly. The employees could be a little friendlier and the restaurant could be a little cleaner, but the food is worth the visit.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

My cousin took us to Cafe Rio ( we are from Virginia City, Nevada ) and it is great little cafe! My daughter had a steak quesadilla which was large, full of steak and delicious.
My cousin and I couldn't decide between the pork tacos and the special of the day, salmon tacos, so we ordered both and each had one salmon and one pork taco. I really couldn't decide which was better, they were both so amazing! All four of the kids had the free kids quesadilla and they had enough to eat, with sharing a little of our rice and beans.
I can see why this is a favorite with locals and especially those with young kids!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

We stopped in on a Tuesday night for some tacos. They have a Tuesday special that we found very reasonable. I highly recommend the pork tacos, much more flavor than the beef or pollo. The staff was very friendly and great at explaining the process for first time visitors.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

This is very good fast food. The chili beef taco is outstanding! Different than Chipotle but similar concept and also really good. Only negative is they need to cut the stems off their cilantro.

The nicest thing for me is that they have a great selection of sugar free & caffeine free drinks. With all the controversy about the calories in drinks you would think more fast food places would offer a caffeine free diet cola at least. This way kids can have a cola that won't make them fat and who wants a kid on caffeine? Other fast food restaurants should take note.

Way to go. The only other place I can find that offers it is Panera Bread Company so these two places are always my first choice just because of that.

Way to go Cafe Rio!

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Thank you for the BOGO! Love love the salads. So tasty lots of food and taste fresh. Love the Great service friendly staff