“Super Place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Buhl
Boise, Idaho
“Super Place”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We spent 2 wonderful days at the Oregon Trail Inn. Even though the weather was a bit of a challenge, our room was terrific, warm and cozy. Recently remodeled, clean and has a new fresh feeling. Rick is an excellent host with wonderful coffee in the morning. He recommended a great Mexican restuarnt for dinner out. We will return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Horseshoe Bend, Idaho
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Surprisingly Great! My wife's words. This Oregon Trail Motel is ultra clean with white linens, comfortable pillows and the room has a new fresh feeling. After our complementary breakfast with local breads, jams and coffee, Rick (owner/manager) helped us plan our day and suggested a local eatery. We have decided that we will make Buhl our mid trip stop everytime.

You will want to call and reserve a room - it was nearly full when we drove in.

Room Tip: Have Rick show you a few of the rooms-he know all the details.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Santa Monica CA
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I once again had the opportunity to stay a few days at the Oregon Trail Motel in Buhl, Idaho. Rick as always is accommodating, professional, delightful and adding new things to the property. His attention to detail is evident, rooms are great, comfortable bed, all the amenities first class. Each morning Rick has a local business deliver fresh sweet breads and great coffee. I look forward to my next trip..

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stayed at the Oregon Trail Inn for one night for business. I was not sure what to expect, but after reading great reviews online I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did!

Reserving a room was easy; you can book and pay online. Prices are inexpensive compared with nearby Twin Falls, but my stay in the Oregon Trail Inn in Buhl was far better than my stay in Twin.

The owner/manager Rick has had years of experience in the hotel business, and it shows. Rooms are outfitted more like a hotel you might find in a larger city (and much better than many cities I've stayed in). The bed was incredibly comfortable, with hotel-quality linens. It was honestly the best night's sleep I've had in any hotel in Idaho. The rooms come with free wifi, cable, mini-fridge, microwave, luggage rack, hotel quality towels, hair dryer (important for the traveling ladies), and even the take-home toiletries we all love. The room was very clean (I've had problems in some places, so having a nice clean room was really wonderful). It was also quiet, which is really important for me as well.

In the morning Rick provides a nice "trail breakfast", which includes local everything: local coffee, bread and baked goods from the local bakery, local jams/jellies, local honey, and even butter from the local creamery. Everything was fantastic! The company was great as well; some of the local business owners stopped by, and we ended up chatting over coffee and Amish friendship bread for an hour. I felt incredibly welcome.

Rick is in the process of renovating and upgrading rooms. I guess the room I stayed in has not been "upgraded" yet, but I can tell you, I certainly thought it was great anyway. It just makes me want to go back again and see what he's done next!

I will definitely be staying at the Oregon Trail Inn next time I'm in Buhl (or the surrounding area) for the night. Thanks for the great experience Rick, and good luck!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Skeptical about finding accommodations during your next visit to the charming town of Buhl, Idaho? Don't be! Stay at the Oregon Trail Motel on Broadway, close to dining with a quaint little coffee shop next door. The proprietor has been in the hotel business for many years and his experience shows in the attention he has given to renovating all of the rooms. Everything you would expect to find in the metro area hotel suites will make your stay an enjoyable one. Spacious rooms that are clean and inviting, microwave, mini-fridge, ironing board, workspace table and chairs, spacious counter-top in the sink area, complimentary toiletries and local bakery treats and coffee in the morning. This motel and its owner are first class... truly a gem to be found in the gem state! ;)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank 123ChristieJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buhl
24.1 km away
Shilo Inn Suites - Twin Falls
#10 of 14 in Twin Falls
22.5 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twin Falls

Been to Oregon Trail Motel? Share your experiences!