All reviews barbacoa red robin lounge breakfast area front desk outdoor pool green belt free breakfast close to downtown quiet hotel rooms are clean the entire hotel nice size other hotels within walking distance would stay here again i highly recommend this hotel air conditioner
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Clean, quiet, spacious rooms in a great location close to the downtown, the University, and right across the road from Boise's well known river bike path, with beautiful views of the hills surrounding Boise. The breakfast room is large, and there was a variety of breakfast foods as well as attentive staff there to replenish and sweep up any crumbs the minute they were spilled. And how much fun was it to try the pancakes in the evening! We made them, took them up to our room, and they were still hot when we snacked on them while watching TV. The cookies and the fruit available at the front desk were a nice touch as well. Any questions we had were handled efficiently by the helpful front desk staff. The pool area is shaded in the morning, so if it's really hot, morning would be a good time to take a dip.

Stayed: August 2015
2  Thank DawnT149
Reviewed 17 August 2015

The staff at this hotel went above and beyond to help me with my many questions and needs. The room was a great size and felt very clean. The breakfast in the morning was one of the best we had during our trip. Will be returning to this hotel when we go back.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea_Alaska
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

I booked a room at this hotel for my anniversary. At checkin i was first told they couldnt find my reservation then after a lot of typing behind the counter I was told the room type i requested wasnt available. This was a bit shocking since the resevation was made several days in advance and I am a Spire. Anyway after some prompting i found out they had a smaller room than I booked available. Then things got really fun. After taking my credit card and license there was another flurry of typing followed by the paperwork being put in front of me to initial and sign. At this point we are 10 minutes into the nightmare, which from my experience at many other IHG properties is about 9.5 minutes longer than usual for a checkin. I look at the paperwork and it is for 2 nights...i had booked one. It has someone elses name on it. It has the address of my license, not what is in my profile i used to book. They have however managed to charge it to my correct credit card...charged two nights instead of one. I point all this out and its back to they keyboard again. Round 2 finally gets things right. After 15 minutes of fun at the counter i am in my room...not the one i originally reserved mind you but its smaller sibling. It was at that point i decided that the amount of frustation wasnt worth it on my anniversary and that i was scared of what else they would screw up. Using my phone i spent about 30 seconds to book a room elsewhere, wheeled my suitcase out the door and left. The new hotel where i have never stayed managed to check me in in under a minute.

Now i realize i should have asked to talk to a manager, but honestly i was trying to just grin and bear things to try to keep the evening running smoothly. After the fact i sent in a complaint to IHG and they told me the hotel would contact me in 48hrs. 48hrs passed with no.contact so i again pinged IHG. They gave me 10000 points and said they would again ask tbe hotel to contact me. Another 72 hours have passed and still nothing from the hotel. IHG itself has been great but from the hotels lack of contact it appears that my initial impression from the incompetance of the front desk was spot on...they dont care one little bit about customer service.

My recomendation..stay as far from this place as you can.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boise University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2015

Dear stubbslaughy,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves in and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite member andI look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Divina P.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Stayed at this hotel because of proximity to family and attractiveness of large pool.
It's in a quiet area near to BSU and close to downtown. However, despite it being a "smoke-free hotel", I changed rooms twice and couldn't find a room that didn't reek of smoke after AC had been on for awhile. Also, staff didn't make much of an effort to retrieve a dress I left in closet when switching rooms.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boise University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear eldersister,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are pleased to read that you have regarded our hotel location to be close to downtown and BSU, the large pool to be attractive and rooms to be quiet. However, we sincerely regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the smell of smoke in the room and staff services which fell below your expectations. Please know that these are not the standards that we aim for, nor that which we normally achieve. We will use your comments to consider for upgrades and training needed.

Again, we appreciate your candid review and hope you can give us another opportunity to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 August 2015

We booked this room while en route to Oregon from Denver. The booking/front desk staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The location; close to downtown, Whole Foods, the river, and parks, was perfect.

As many travelers can attest, Holiday Inn Express facilities can vary from "acceptable" to "better than average." This hotel was perfect. In truth, it was better than our recent room at the Luxor in Las Vegas.

Location, comfort, the pleasant staff, and quality of this hotel should convince you to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family