“Best in Boise”

DK Donuts & Little Bean Espresso
Ranked #7 of 12 Bakeries in Boise
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Been eating DK maple bars, glazed, white candy sprinkles, and cinnamon rolls for the past 12 years. DK is as good as any I’ve tried and none other in the treasure valley compares.

Maple bars and cinnamon rolls melt in your mouth within hours of being made and are heaven if still warm.

Cake donuts are crispy outside and soft and moist inside.

The only caveat is to get them in AM. Their made early in AM for day. Donuts don’t improve with age.

I do think quality and the presence of the business matriarch seems correlated. I think the donuts are always the same but how quickly they sell and tolerance for keeping older ones in the case is lower with her around.

Don’t waste your $$ on the trendy new high rent donut places downtown, they are no better than Albertsons.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

This is a Mom and Pop type donut shop. The bacon donuts are my favorite and the best. I find the mix of flavours is a plus.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I stopped in today and bought a few plain cake donuts with chocolate icing and nuts. The donuts were really greasy, which I've never had at other bakeries. The icing was brown, but had little to no chocolate flavor! Big disappointment and won't go back! Waste of money, had to put some cocoa powder on top when I got home for some flavor. Other donut shops are cheaper, not greasy, much better, with a nice chocolate flavor you can actually taste. Don't bother.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

when I find a quality donut shop I get excited and tell eveyrone about it. DK has a great reputation with long time residence of Boise. My last visit however was less than happy. My first visit was entering the 'dome of many colors', my second visit a year later was the 'dome of some neutrals'. I ordered the same things that I loved the first time - the maple bacon long johns.. and those amazing puffy cream filled raised units... however - this time it was all sort of like day old feeling - although we were there early in the morning just to make sure. Ordering is a little 'big city' with the cashier - so that was fun... but the donuts this time left me rethinking my attachment. perhaps i got them on an off day - but it was DONUT day for me! perhaps my anticipation was too high since I was pining away for my original experience. Perhaps it's 'never.... as good as the first time'? Ya.. I'll be back.. duh. it's probably the best donut in Boise. didn't care for the other place with the 'butter bars' or whatever they're called... sickeningly sweet and gobby texture.

By the way. people who say 'Boise is ripe for a dunkin or Tim Hortons.. i want to remind you all - that those donuts are SOOOOOoooo bad. Dunkin donuts are cloyingly sweet - everything i have there makes me want to run for the milk to wash it out. Tim Hortons are TERRIBLE donuts - they come to each of their locations FROZEN and they thaw and serve. I kid you not. I did have a good TH donut at the Toronto zoo - and the coffee was good too there.. but in USA I cannot stand their overly sweet and sodden donuts and the coffee is NOTHING. When we're talking 'boise is ripe for'.. we're talking HAND CRAFTED, deep fried to perfection, and filled with good stuff, glazed with good stuff... we want toothsome and substantial, sharply recognizable flavors. Forget all these big chain mass produced donuts.. and of course the extremely overrated 'krispy kreme'... it's a nothing donut. At least.. with DK you can get something hand made... so... I'll stick with that for now.. just had to vent about that. keep Hortons OUT of Boise. good grief.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Best doughnuts ever. No where better in Boise.
Been here since I was a kid, and now at 41 still the best place in town, for even the most exotic flavors, and even the classics.