All reviewswafflesmarriott brandstandard hotel breakfastcloset doorslower ratesized refrigeratorrecently stayed hereupgraded to a suitehot tubdesk staffshort driveconvenient locationcalled the front deskwould stay here againa great staycomfortable roomfree shuttle
Reviewed 26 June 2018

It is very easy to get to this hotel and the location is great. The hotel is also in a quiet section of town which was nice. And it is within walking distance to Boise State University and downtown depending on how far you want to walk. The room itself was very nice and large as we were upgraded to a suite with 2 bedrooms. Overall a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Ryan P, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

roaddogg1983,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay! We're glad you found our location to be quiet and convenient as we are close to Downtown, Boise State University and popular parks in the area. Next time you stay with us I would recommend using the hourly bike rental we have available in our parking lot which allows you to see Boise in a different way. Once again we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again whenever you make it back to Boise.

Ryan Parkinson
ryan.parkinson@pillarhotels.com

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights here for a much lower rate than surrounding motels. If that’s the case, it is a nice motel with a comfortable bed and an average breakfast. Staff provided great input of surrounding restaurants and it’s easy to access. Rooms were nice and average cleanliness while the pool area was way below par for cleanliness. If you can stay for cheap, you may as well. Would be ideal for long SOLO stays with their large fridge and kitchenette.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Ryan P, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Jake S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We are happy to hear that our staff provided you with useful information while you were here in Boise. Our pool room is one of our most popular amenities so we appreciate your comments and have made it a point of focus so our that future guests do not have a similar experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you to Boise.

Ryan Parkinson
ryan.parkinson@pillarhotels.com

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This hotel is OK, but not wonderful. I wasn't sure that it was completely clean, the room had an odor to it, and I had a difficult time getting the heater to work. I requested an extra blanket which they brought me promptly and the service overall was very good, wonderfully nice and gracious. I had a room on first floor quite near the hot tubs. The hot tub was good, and very hot, the room was fine, if unremarkable. I noted two or three small bites the next day, I did not see anything to lead me to think it was the room, but it did worry me a bit, so far nothing seems to have come home with me though, so likely this is just an unfounded worry. The entry and facility generally are nicely appointed. The location is a bit far from downtown, but a bit more convenient to the airport. I loved the proximity to a couple of new restaurants (Joe's was great). But overall I'd put this as an alternative hotel for when my usual spots in Boise are full up. One other thing, it's hard to find with navigation, it's sort of tucked back behind, and so if you're coming from downtown Boise, and are on a nav you might have to go a bit further down on capitol to see the signs for the hotel. Overall, an OK experience. The price was GREAT!! I didn't get to eat the breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Recently stayed here while on business. I always stay at Marriott locations when I can. This was my first time staying at this particular location. It was easy to get to and there was plenty of parking. My room/floor preference and status with Marriott was ignored sadly.I even did a mobile check-in early in the morning. The location was quiet and I never heard any noise at all. The breakfast in the morning was a standard hotel breakfast. The bread was very good though. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
You are located directly across from campus and you are a 20 min walk from downtown.
I would recommend.

Room Tip: High floors for quietness.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay. It was close to BSU, for basketball, and the Morrison Center where we were going to see a play. It is not far from the Edwards theatre and the Capital. A modest but filling breakfast was available, but for the more hardy there are two restaurants next door.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends