“Mexican”

El Gallo Giro
Ranked #221 of 866 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Right off Glennwood in Garden City with plenty of parking. Chips and salsa provided when you are seated at either booth or table. Salsa too mild for me but you can ask for hotter or other hot sauces. Salads and enchiladas have good favor but we need to try the taco buffet sometime. Wine and beers available.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I️ ordered the Carne Asada and received the cheapest cut of meat that tasted terrible. I️ would expect better quality from a taco cart on a street corner.

I️ also had to take my empty water glass to the bartender to get filled. I️ will never eat here again.

1  Thank venusgarden
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I frequent this place. It has the best, most authentic Mexican food I have ever had. The staff is friendly, the only reason I didn’t give this a five is because I’m not sure on the healthiness of their ingredients. A must visit if you like Mexican food!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Years ago before moving into its current location (another restaurant was there), El Gallo Giro was in a cramped space in a strip mall. The food was excellent, and you could practically learn Spanish just by listening to everyone in there. I was worried when they moved -- bigger isn't always better -- but the many times I've been in there, the food is still excellent and quite authentic. On this past visit I had two Green Enchiladas, and they were very tasty.
If you want great Mexican food, you MUST go to El Gallo Giro!

1  Thank StuartGustafson
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I love this place and eat here at least once a week. I'm a bit of a creature of habit and usually order Carne En Sa Jugo or lengua tacos. Both are the best I've ever had. Carne en sa Jugo is an amazing soup with beef, bacon,beans tomatoes onions and cilantro. Just delicious. The tacos are amazing, authentic and actually much larger than other restaurants and good trucks. I love spicy so I always have the "hot" salsa to mix in with their regular. Very reasonable prices and staff that remembers you.

Been to El Gallo Giro? Share your experiences!