“if you are looking for Indian food, avoid this place”
Review of Taj Mahal

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Idaho
Transit: 8th and Idaho Bus Stop
Description: Family style, made from scratch Indian and Pakistani cuisine. The Best in Boise and the Northwest. Everything is prepared by one chef. That chef happens to be my Mother You can expect an extensive beer selection with micro-brews, IPA"s, Porters, and international favorite. Over 40 to choose from at any given day. You can expect food made from scratch to your liking, and entree's you won't find at your typical curry in a can Indian Diner. Expect spices to be cooked right when you order them, an extensive Vegan and Vegetarian selection. Expect a good time at an amazing location in the heart of Downtown Boise with an owner operated business. We have a lunch buffet everyday that allows for a quick lunch. If you're coming in for dinner, we hope you're not in a rush, our beers and wines are here for you to relax because the cost of home-style food is a bit longer wait time. The freshness and flavors of our dinner are meant to be savored and explored. We look forward to your visit!
Reviewed 14 November 2017

After being on overseas travel for long, it was great to notice this Indian restaurant. Its a small restaurant with nice set up. We had ordered different type of Indian cuisines which we normally eat back home in India. To our surprise, all the dishes that were served had pretty much the same yellow coloured gravy with white kind of pieces of Chicken dumped into each!! Pretty much all the dishes looked similar and also tasted similar. May be they do so considering western taste buds hence I don't blame them for this.
All I want to share here is do not visit them if you expect an Indian taste since they are far from being termed an Indian restaurant.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Had dinner at Taj Mahal two weeks ago while passing through Boise. The food initially tasted good, but beware that it can make you really sick. Chef most likely uses artificial flavors and fake spices. Became unwell the following day. Still recovering.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My husband and I have been making the rounds to the Indian buffets in town. This one would be great if you like hot food. My husband loves hot food, but the heat in this food was so hot that he said he couldn't taste anything afterwards. The owner recommended eating it with yogurt or other dairy stuff in the buffet.

The labels were wrong. We were told to ignore the labels, so we had to guess what each dish was. We have been here before and were shocked at how spicy the food was.

I don't think we will be going back.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This is another hidden Boise gem. The food had a distinct spice palate and aroma different than other Indian places I have been to. I have never been disappointed with any dish. Very very good!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have never been a fan of indian food (to much curry), but after going here with a friend for his birthday - I am a convert. we had the lunch buffet and while I didn't know what I was eating (i did ask eventually and they helped me out) - the food was amazing and the Nann bread is to die for and the buffet cost was reasonable. Have gone back several times.

Been to Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!