“Felt Very Unwell”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Idaho
Transit: 8th and Idaho Bus Stop
Description: Family style, made from scratch Indian and Pakistani cuisine. The Best in Boise and the Northwest. Everything is prepared by one chef. That chef happens to be my Mother You can expect an extensive beer selection with micro-brews, IPA"s, Porters, and international favorite. Over 40 to choose from at any given day. You can expect food made from scratch to your liking, and entree's you won't find at your typical curry in a can Indian Diner. Expect spices to be cooked right when you order them, an extensive Vegan and Vegetarian selection. Expect a good time at an amazing location in the heart of Downtown Boise with an owner operated business. We have a lunch buffet everyday that allows for a quick lunch. If you're coming in for dinner, we hope you're not in a rush, our beers and wines are here for you to relax because the cost of home-style food is a bit longer wait time. The freshness and flavors of our dinner are meant to be savored and explored. We look forward to your visit!
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Had dinner at Taj Mahal two weeks ago while passing through Boise. The food initially tasted good, but beware that it can make you really sick. Chef most likely uses artificial flavors and fake spices. Became unwell the following day. Still recovering.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My husband and I have been making the rounds to the Indian buffets in town. This one would be great if you like hot food. My husband loves hot food, but the heat in this food was so hot that he said he couldn't taste anything afterwards. The owner recommended eating it with yogurt or other dairy stuff in the buffet.

The labels were wrong. We were told to ignore the labels, so we had to guess what each dish was. We have been here before and were shocked at how spicy the food was.

I don't think we will be going back.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This is another hidden Boise gem. The food had a distinct spice palate and aroma different than other Indian places I have been to. I have never been disappointed with any dish. Very very good!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have never been a fan of indian food (to much curry), but after going here with a friend for his birthday - I am a convert. we had the lunch buffet and while I didn't know what I was eating (i did ask eventually and they helped me out) - the food was amazing and the Nann bread is to die for and the buffet cost was reasonable. Have gone back several times.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Completely taken away. It was so much more than what we expected. Amazing flavor in the authentic dishes. Genuine and honest family owned business. Food is all prepared fresh while you wait...so yes, it may take a lil' while...but it's a nice atmosphere and warming environment...so enjoy your company and be rewarded with wonderful dishes when they arrive to your table. The portions are very good sized. We all left feeling satisfied. Will crave this place from now on, when I'm in town it will be a must to stop!

PS. The waitress was a lil quiet, sweet demeanor and seemed new. So, things were not 110 perfect....but, Please don't let that discourage you...we all had to start off somewhere.

Been to Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!