“this place converted me to liking Indian food”
Review of Taj Mahal

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Idaho
Transit: 8th and Idaho Bus Stop
Description: Family style, made from scratch Indian and Pakistani cuisine. The Best in Boise and the Northwest. Everything is prepared by one chef. That chef happens to be my Mother You can expect an extensive beer selection with micro-brews, IPA"s, Porters, and international favorite. Over 40 to choose from at any given day. You can expect food made from scratch to your liking, and entree's you won't find at your typical curry in a can Indian Diner. Expect spices to be cooked right when you order them, an extensive Vegan and Vegetarian selection. Expect a good time at an amazing location in the heart of Downtown Boise with an owner operated business. We have a lunch buffet everyday that allows for a quick lunch. If you're coming in for dinner, we hope you're not in a rush, our beers and wines are here for you to relax because the cost of home-style food is a bit longer wait time. The freshness and flavors of our dinner are meant to be savored and explored. We look forward to your visit!
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have never been a fan of indian food (to much curry), but after going here with a friend for his birthday - I am a convert. we had the lunch buffet and while I didn't know what I was eating (i did ask eventually and they helped me out) - the food was amazing and the Nann bread is to die for and the buffet cost was reasonable. Have gone back several times.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Completely taken away. It was so much more than what we expected. Amazing flavor in the authentic dishes. Genuine and honest family owned business. Food is all prepared fresh while you wait...so yes, it may take a lil' while...but it's a nice atmosphere and warming environment...so enjoy your company and be rewarded with wonderful dishes when they arrive to your table. The portions are very good sized. We all left feeling satisfied. Will crave this place from now on, when I'm in town it will be a must to stop!

PS. The waitress was a lil quiet, sweet demeanor and seemed new. So, things were not 110 perfect....but, Please don't let that discourage you...we all had to start off somewhere.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Great curry dishes in the most happening part of the downtown Boise. Authentic interior decoration in traditional Indian art along with friendly service. Menu is extensive, with all popular North Indian fares on offer. Fairly good wine list and good selection of beer. In short, this was a perfect setting for good Indian dinner

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 30 January 2017

This is a favorite stop for lunch for all of our family. We often call in for to-go orders too! Authentic, delicious, affordable Indian food.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank bobbihaque
Reviewed 12 October 2016

This is a family restaurant. The food is always worth waiting for. The service is very friendly but very slow. My husband and I know this now and feel the quality of the food is worth the wait. Amazing curry dishes that never disappoint. The owner is very charming and takes the time to talk with you.

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!