“Great curries”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Idaho
Transit: 8th and Idaho Bus Stop
Description: Family style, made from scratch Indian and Pakistani cuisine. The Best in Boise and the Northwest. Everything is prepared by one chef. That chef happens to be my Mother You can expect an extensive beer selection with micro-brews, IPA"s, Porters, and international favorite. Over 40 to choose from at any given day. You can expect food made from scratch to your liking, and entree's you won't find at your typical curry in a can Indian Diner. Expect spices to be cooked right when you order them, an extensive Vegan and Vegetarian selection. Expect a good time at an amazing location in the heart of Downtown Boise with an owner operated business. We have a lunch buffet everyday that allows for a quick lunch. If you're coming in for dinner, we hope you're not in a rush, our beers and wines are here for you to relax because the cost of home-style food is a bit longer wait time. The freshness and flavors of our dinner are meant to be savored and explored. We look forward to your visit!
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Great curry dishes in the most happening part of the downtown Boise. Authentic interior decoration in traditional Indian art along with friendly service. Menu is extensive, with all popular North Indian fares on offer. Fairly good wine list and good selection of beer. In short, this was a perfect setting for good Indian dinner

Reviewed 30 January 2017

This is a favorite stop for lunch for all of our family. We often call in for to-go orders too! Authentic, delicious, affordable Indian food.

1  Thank bobbihaque
Reviewed 12 October 2016

This is a family restaurant. The food is always worth waiting for. The service is very friendly but very slow. My husband and I know this now and feel the quality of the food is worth the wait. Amazing curry dishes that never disappoint. The owner is very charming and takes the time to talk with you.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

I'll start out by saying that I LOVE Indian food, so I almost always try it in new cities. I ordered the buffet for lunch which did have several vegan items. They were good, but some were quite hot. I'm usually a "Mild-Plus" person, sometimes like it Medium. So having only a few vegan options and even fewer that weren't really spicy left me with an "average" feeling about this restaurant.
I'll also say that I visited Boise about a year later and didn't bother to go here. It's not bad, and the atmosphere is nice, but until it becomes more vegan friendly and a bit less spicy on its buffet, I'll go elsewhere.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Truly a tasty meal. I finally got my girlfriend to go eat Indian cuisine with me and she absolutely loved the flavor explosion! She ordered the mild and it was too spicy for her. They made a very mild version for her and though still very spicy for her taste she couldn't stop eating. Great atmosphere! Great service! I know I'll be returning to Taj Mahal!

1  Thank Benjamin M

Been to Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!