See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for one night. If you're looking for a cheap place to spend a night, this should do the trick, but don't expect anything more.
The bad: Police knocking on upstairs neighbor's door in the evening. Holes in blanket. Walls desperately need painting. Ran water through the coffee pot to ensure it was clean, and it wouldn't work afterwards. Smelled like cigarettes. No cover on the light fixture in bathroom. Bathroom fan sounded like something rolling around in a tin can.
The good: AC worked. Hot water worked. TV was great. Bed comfy enough, but I'm not very picky. Receptionist was quite nice, apologized profusely for some registration confusion. Right next door to McDonald's, if that's your thing.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saraschrip
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

No... Just No. Don't do it. Rooms are absolutely disgusting. Owner/manager is extremely rude and difficult. I checked in then left right away. And the owner wouldn't refund me the 5 nights I had booked.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JeremyShawn
Reviewed 25 April 2017

My review of the Budget Inn can be summarized in three words..... AWFUL, AWFUL & AWFUL. My biggest mistake besides reserving a room online was actually giving this place my credit card number. The room was filthy, there were spots on the walls, the towels were spotted, the carpet was dirty and the bathroom was disgusting. After walking into the room and looking around my next stop was at the front desk to cancel my reservation only to find out that they don't offer refunds. There are other reasonably priced motels in Boise, please don't make the same mistake as I did and drive somewhere, anywhere else. Did I stay? NO! and lost $60 to boot.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Ammochief
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Checked in and rushed off to Albertsons Stadium for BSU game. Made it back after midnight to walk into the most disgusting room I've ever been in. Bed bug powder plastered up the walls and in the corners and a horrible stench. Office was closed so we drove 3 hours back home Stay away.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 14 August 2016

To begin with, we drove up to check in and a car was stopped under the awning so we could barely get off the street and onto the hotel property. Then when checking in the manager asked for ID for both of us. In my extensive travel experience only the person paying with credit card is asked for ID so I asked why we both had to give him our ID he said "it's a way for the hotel to avoid liability issues if there's trouble and they need to determine who is supposed to be on the property". I asked if they often have trouble and he said things happen and they can't be too careful if things get out of hand. The conversation somehow jumped to violent people and guns and he said he only wished he had more... Then check-in completed I asked if the guest whose car was blocking the driveway would move their car so we could get to our room and he said "that's my wife's car and she parks it there to protect it from the sun"! He actually said this to us!!! So I back up into the street and could have been hit by a car if traffic had been passing by - we should have left at this point but figured we had already paid the $70 for our night so we went to our room and as I'm getting our bags out of our car I see an old beater pickup truck parked in the middle of the lot with 1/2 inflated tires looking like it hadn't be driven in months/years...bad vibes continue as I get the rest of our things out of the car and see a 20-something guy walking across the parking lot drinking a tall boy out of a paper bag. In the room it is horrific - bad paint on cinder block walls, dirty bathroom with zero counter space. Never been to a place with literally no counter space in the bathroom. Beds were squishy doubles even though our reservation was for queen beds, with 3 tiny squishy pillows. And the topper was that I had to manhandle the shelf unit the microwave was sitting on and move it a couple feet so the plug would reach an outlet so we could use it. Everything about this hotel was gross and made my skin crawl. In fact I left the curtains open an inch so I could see out the window to make sure our car was still out front and not stolen in the middle of the night. Final nail: I fill up the gas tank at a gas station in the area and ask the clerk for breakfast recommendations plus a cop who happened to be there at the time both recommended the place next to the hotel and I commented that I had stayed there the previous night and how disgusted I was with it and the cop actually said "there are several hotels in Boise that should be bulldozed and the Budget Inn is one of them"! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL FROM HELL!

Room Tip: Horriffic hotel from hotel - don't walk, run away from this place
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family