All reviewsjack in the boxmilk and cookiesbest westernsfamily suitepool and hot tubwould stay againnice place to staywafflesthird floorroad triphot breakfastroom was clean and comfortableking bedwe've stayedthe breakfast areahousekeeping staffeasy access
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We received a friendly welcome at Check in from a female staff member (sorry to say I have forgotten her name !!!).

We had already been welcomed by the hotel's Mascot - a Duck in his pond in a lovely area at the front of the hotel - he was apparently awaiting the birth of his soon to be extended family as has been the case in previous years (hence the title of Mascot) ! We both love animals & liked to watch him in 'his' pond.

The hotel was nicely presented & clean with a Guest Laundry which is always a bonus! Cookies & Milk in the evening was a nice touch.

Our Room (324 Top Floor) was clean with a Comfy bed together with our standard prerequisites Air Con, Fridge, M'Wave, Coffee facilities, Free Breakfast, Internet & On-site parking. The room did have a bit of a smell which was not offensive - we just couldn't identify it.

Only stayed one night - which meant we wouldn't get to see the rest of the Duck's family ! I had chatted with the lovely girl at check in/reception about the Duck & telling her that we were disappointed that we'd miss out on seeing 'the new arrivals' so it was really lovely to then receive an email from her letting us know that the Mama Duck had returned with her brood. It's these little things that one remembers. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed: May 2018
Best Western N, Manager at Best Western Northwest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We are so glad to hear that you had such a great stay and were satisfied with the quality of your room and the service provided by our staff, and by our resident duck! :) We hope you will choose to stay with us again should you find yourself back in Boise.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

My wife and I stayed here as a "jump off point" from spending the weekend up in the Sawtooths before driving home.

Pros:
* Good shower head pressure, and nice spa in the bathtub!
* A/C worked flawlessly in holding the temp we set, and was quiet enough to sleep by!
* King bed had a GREAT mattress topper that provided just the right amount of "give" to get a great night's sleep!
* Full breakfast in the morning was well stocked w/ eggs, sausage, instant oatmeal packets, waffles, and the usual cereals, pastries, and juices!
* Room was very insulated from the freeway traffic noise of I-84. Didn't even know we were close to the freeway exit unless you looked out the window!
* Desk personnel were very friendly and efficient.

The one Con:
* The "Milk and Cookies" hour (8-9pm every night) ran out of milk, and the front desk was so undermanned, the lady had to hold up a customer for a minute while she dashed out to the fridge room to fill up the pitcher again. It might be good to get a second person -- at least for that hour!! :-)

We will definitely consider staying here again the next time we come through Boise!!!

Stayed: August 2018

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Please don’t hesitate to call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I didn’t stay here, but only because I was looking for a dog friendly room and they told me they couldn’t guarantee that when I got there 1 of their 4 dog friendly rooms would still be available because “sometimes people extend their stays”. They said they will only book out 2-4 days in advance for those rooms.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Best Western N, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Claire F.
I do apologize about your recent experience with trying to book a pet room with us. Since we only have 4 pet rooms at our property to keep it fair for all our current and future guests, we do not book pet rooms farther out then 4 days. We do apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

It fit a family of 6 in the family suite and we had a great time.The room was very well clean and there was no smell at all.I read a lot of reviews about the smell and there was no smell at all
The staff work with us on getting us taxis to and from the airport.Overall it was a good experience I will stay here again when I go to Boise

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We are so glad to hear that you had such a great stay and were satisfied with the quality of your room and the service provided by our staff. We hope you will choose to stay with us again should you find yourself back in Boise.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

I'm one who strongly considers value in rating anything whether it's a widget or a car or a hotel room. I was disappointed in this hotel because the price I paid seemed like a good value based on the reviews, however - my experience was much different.

First of all, the front desk staff were wonderful. Quick check in, very friendly, everything you'd expect. So we were off to a good start.

The room: First impression was the smell. Can't really place it. Cigarette smoke maybe? Animals? Don't know but it's similar to what I've experienced at hotels that cost half as much as this one. That's the "value" part. If I was paying 75 bucks a night my response to a smelly room is meh - you get what you pay for. In this case, I paid for a room that should have at least smelled good.

It was over 100 degrees in the area this day. I turned the window unit AC on and it blasted cold air immediately. That was literally comforting after a long hot day on the road.

The bathroom smelled worse than the rest of the room. Not a dirty bathroom smell. Just a very old worn down cheap hotel smell. The beds: UGH! Bouncy squeaky spring mattress AND foundation that were not close to comfortable. The toilet was stopped up and almost overflowed twice. Overall the room looked nice enough but again - the quality was so far below expectations at this price point.

Anyway - disappointed by the lack of value and the overstated reviews I depend on when travelling. It's seemingly safe, overall generally clean and well kept at least visually. Just not place I would recommend or would come back to.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. Please note that this information has been passed on to our concerned staff. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Boise.