“Great. Southern Hospitality”

Applebee's
Ranked #87 of 216 Restaurants in Warner Robins
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We were only in Warner Robbins for the weekend. Our hotel provided a list of restaurants for us to choose from, but we decided on our favorite Applebee's. We noticed it wasn't crowded (Monday late afternoon), which was a plus for us, because we were hungry after our business meeting in the neighboring city. We looked at the salad bar when we entered, and the lettuce and spinach were fresh, along with the other toppings. The restaurant was clean. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. We only had one hiccup with our steak; my husband ordered medium rare and I guess the cook thought it meant rare. Therefore, I had to remove (1) star.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Nice affordable place to eat, relaxed atmosphere, customer friendly staff. I particularly liked the 1/2 price Appetizers between 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had not visited this location yet and thought it was a good time to try. Bad idea!

The place had hardly anyone inside, which should mean great service. Not at all. A server said they were helping our waiter and took our drink order only to not get it right and the server still had to ask what we wanted. My wife ordered a margarita to find the shaker was only half full. So she inquired to the server. She saw the bartender tell our server “it only serves two.” Never had the shaker only half full, ever, to only fill the glass 1/2 way twice.

Dinner was the same. I ordered the garlic green beans and broccoli as my sides. My food came with no broccoli, but a potato. I Told the server I did not order a potato but I ordered broccoli she said she would fix it right away. She did, when I saw the bill there was charge for a side of broccoli. I never even touched the potato.

My wife had to ask for a knife to cut her bland fiesta lime chicken. It didn’t even have the correct sauce on it. Server walked past the table numerous times, looking down at my empty tea glass. A ton of employees working, but obviously management is not existent. I will probably never return. Table next to us, had same complaints of service and drink complaints. Couldn’t even fix my bill as the server again disappeared and fed up...we left.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I saw an Applebee's commercial touting their topped steaks and decided that I needed to try them out. My wife and I went in after the lunch rush was over, were seated immediately and waited on by a pleasant young man named James. I ordered one of the topped steaks and my wife BBQ Brisket Tacos. It seemed to take a long time to get the food, and it looked great when it arrived. James asked me to check my steak for proper donenss. It was a little over done, but still tender, so I accepted it. It turned out that both meals were not hot, and my wife stated that one of her tacos was, "ice cold." This is not at all what we expect from Applebee's. We then had some issues with the table top payment device being set for the wrong table. I doubt we will go back any time soon, but hope this was a one time thing. Maybe ordering a dinner at lunch time is not a good idea.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Although I got my dinner from this Applebee’s, I didn’t actually go in. I ordered my dinner online, and went to pick it up. They brought it out to me in my car. I will say that this service worked swimmingly. My order was correct. I was able to customize my sides, such as omitting the butter from my grilled vegetables and broccoli. So the online order carry out was great.

But I’m writing this review because of the steak. How good a steak is is often dependent on the chef. I have no problem saying when a steak does not meet my expectations. If I use some kind of sauce, such as barbecue sauce, that means the natural flavor of the steak was not where it should be. This one was spot on. I ordered a tip sirloin cooked medium. The juices were locked in, it was cooked perfectly (maybe a little towards medium rare, but I expect that from most chefs, which is why I usually order medium my first time at a place), and the flavor was absolutely heavenly. I didn’t touch it with anything but my fork, my knife, and my mouth. I’ll be honest, I didn’t expect this from an Applebee’s. Unfortunately, I don’t know who is cooking last night. But bravo.