“Big park”

F. D. Roosevelt State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Site of Dowdell's Knob, President Franklin Roosevelt's favorite picnic spot where he hosted family barbecues.
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I recently went to this park for a birding morning. Tons of bluebirds! I was impressed by th size of the park. They really have something for everyone here. Hiking, biking, boating and even a stable to go horseback riding. They have cabins to rent and camping too. Some of the trails were closed due to Irma damage, but I suspect they will be opened soon. I would take some time to look at the website if you have something specific in mind. I know I will be going back for more hiking! ( and birding)

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Site number 301 exceeded our expectations! It was up against a hill with a little stream running through it. My kids had so much fun playing just around our site. The hike to the pool was fun but we were disappointed to see that it was closed when we got there. We should have checked the hours beforehand. Overall, we had a great time and would definitely return!

2  Thank Torida
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We really enjoyed our stay. The only things we found to take one star away is that there is no playground for the kids. The lake is fun but we didn't catch any fish. There are boat rentals. The sites are nicely graded and clean. Over all we enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

A drive across Hwy 190 into FDR State Park will take your breathe away, especially in the fall with the change of colors. Be sure to stop at the pull-overs for a spectacular view of the country side below. They offer camping, swimming, and picnic area, cottages to rent.

1  Thank Ellen547
Reviewed 2 June 2017

The park is on the small size compared to other State Parks but the hikes are beautiful and the town is a small quaint typical small southern mountain town. Good food and some interesting shopping spots like Cat's Meow.

1  Thank Sandy C