“Don't Stay Here!”

Rodeway Inn Valdosta
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Was driving on a roadtrip to Florida and it was 3am, I had to stop. It was my 5 year old daughter and I. I drove around to all the local hotels that I could find and it was a Friday night so a lot of them were booked and the ones that weren't were over 90 for a night. I found it ridiculous since it was 3am, I finally found this place which was super cheap (like around 60 i think it was). I had a bad feeling about it, but knew we needed to sleep and I desperately needed a shower. The wifi worked. That is about all the good I can say about this place. The lobby smelled so weird. The room (103) smelled equally weird. I didn't see any bugs, but I am sure they were there. I didn't want to look to find them. I refused to go under the covers, we brought our own blankets in, put one on the bed and covered up with the other one. The towels were rough and small. The pillows were not full size, they were like half the size of a regular pillow. This place was so gross. There were cigarette burns all over the toilet, though it said it was a non-smoking room, but smelled like it had recently been smoked in. I would never stay here again. I couldn't wait to wake up and leave.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank cmholthaus

Reviewed 30 July 2016

The check in clerk was the most unfriendly I met in years, but the room LOOKED clean, older though. Room 109.

I got up at 3:45 am to use the bathroom and came back to see little black dots on the sheets so I shined the light on them and sure enough bed bugs. I took a shower, thoroughly shook my clean clothes into the white tub, thankfully no bugs, dressed and headed to the front desk to tell her about the bed bugs and to get trash bags. She gave me the little bags for the trash can. I asked for a larger bag for my suitcase and she said they didn't have any (they do too for all the larger cans on the property) and that they'd call their pest people. Nice, no apology, no refund, nothing. So I fled the hotel at 4 am. While I had bites on my arms for the next few days I thankfully do not seem to have brought them home, so far. Could not tell you about the breakfast, obviously. Wifi didn't work either.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Not worth it. We literally went to Valdosta to go to the park and spur of the moment decided to stay. Big mistake. The front desk lady seemed to hate her job, the rooms were horrible, and the owners were creepy and stalkerish. Everytime you open the door one of them is standing there. Never again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2016

We came to Valdosta for the first time for a college graduation. All rooms were booked everywhere except here. We now understand why. The rooms were filthy and the beds looked slept in. The wall paper was literally falling off the walls. The back part of the hotel has people that actually live there from the looks of it with there plants on the balcony and lawn chairs. We even had people coming by and trying to look into our room. We did not feel safe and slept horrible and could not wait to leave. I understand the get what you pay for but this was terrible.

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank mediawhite
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Room was clean, front desk was friendly. "Continental Breakfast" was nothing more than doughnuts and coffee. Vending machines did not work and only one ice machine worked. Price was okay, but would probably spend extra bucks and stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Valdosta hotels
4.7 km away
6.4 km away
Howard Johnson Valdosta
Howard Johnson Valdosta
#27 of 34 in Valdosta

Been to Rodeway Inn Valdosta? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn Valdosta

Address: 1209 N Saint Augustine Rd, just off Interstate 75, Exit 18, Valdosta, GA 31601-3544
Region: United States > Georgia > Valdosta
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Hotel Class:2 star — Rodeway Inn Valdosta 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Rodeway Inn Valdosta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Valdosta Rodeway Inn