“Disgusting & Not very honest”

Rodeway Inn Valdosta
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Upon visiting family in Valdosta, we stopped in here first. Big mistake. The hotel is falling apart, its disgusting. Upon seeing the room, we decided it was not a safe choice for my 3yo nephew. The smoke detector was partially dislodged from the ceiling and beeping, the floors & tub were filthy, the room smelled, there were dead flies on the top of the toilet, huge cracks around the A/C, wallpaper completely peeled up from the window sill and left lying there, dead roaches, the list goes on...

So we left the room & went to cancel the stay. The Desk clerk was fine with it and said she had put a reversal on the charge. I called back later after discovering that my card showed TWO charges, rather than a charge and a reversal. The second (male) clerk and (female) manager I spoke with were very unhelpful and insisted the second charge was a reversal even though it withheld funds and showed as a charge (I called my bank and they said on their end it showed as a charge too, but that maybe they would both drop off the statement). Only ONE charge dropped from the statement, the other went through. I was not refunded. At this point I'm quite irritated and have filed a complaint with Choice Hotels (owns Quality Inn) and will be taking the issue up with my bank.

Room Tip: Right across the road is a Comfort Suites, the rooms cost more but they are clean, comfortable and t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DB1285
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Valdosta

Reviewed 15 August 2012

First of all, I should have paid attention to the reviews on trip advisor. Oh well, live and learn.

Here goes: big stain in the ceiling (why not paint over it?), the room smelled (better after we ran the air), the sheets on one bed had any oily substance and a small yellow stain on it, housekeeper who replace aforementioned sheet belched loudly in my wife's presence (over the bed, mind you), lock on the toilet paper! (talk about making guests feel like criminals), b-fast buffet was bland, tv reception awful, I could go on.

Interesting, that they have partially renovated the rooms. For example, there was a new toilet, but the old tank with a top that didn't fit! Also, there was a new sink counter top, but the old mirror!

Anyway, it was late at night and somewhat tolerable. So we stayed. If it had been earlier in the day, I would have turned in the key and demanded a refund. But knowing how cheap they were
(see toilet paper and tank reference), they probably would have fought me on it.

It will come as no surprise when I tell you that no one was at the desk when I went to check out.
Quality Inn, take your name off this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Here is the rationale as to why you will probably not want to rent a room.
1. 28 spots on the carpet (and counting).
2. Fowl oder in the room.
3. Water comming out of the lavatory fixture onto the counter.
4. light above lavatory blinking like a strobe light.
5. security latch on door comming apart.
6. Beds were not comfortable.
7. Rude desk person.
8. Rude owner/manager (?), Ms. Patel
9.Management would not come to inspect the room.
10. I was followed around outside the room to my car by Ms. Patel
I am submitting photos to verify all of this!

Room Tip: Keep on driving!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 14 March 2012

place is old and past its time. Very few staff members spoke English. Places wasnt very clean and breakfast was useless. I think owners are trying to suck the last dollar possible out of the place.

A tip to all travelers that are driving. If your planning to stay in a state overnight or longer stop at states visitor center and pick up motel coupon books. We saved $20 per night over best rate available.

Room Tip: find another motel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dissatisy
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stopped at this Quality Inn on our way home from visiting our grand kids in Ohio. We always try to stay in a Quality Inn because of the quality and value for your money. this hotel was a real disappointment. Our room(#201) on the second floor had peeling wallpaper the bedding was filthy and very old and the bathroom was very dirty( the toilet had brown water). We immediately turned around and got a refund and checked in at the Comfort Suites across the street (see that review) the difference was like night and day

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple