We stayed here for an Air Force pilot training reunion...I was there for 5 nights. I had a spacious room with two very comfortable queen beds. Fantastic shower head in the room with excellent water pressure. Many of the reunion attendees were retired Captains for major airlines who are used to hotel stays and I heard many comments about how much they were enjoying this hotel.
The hotel itself is very well appointed and is very quiet, even on the side facing West Hill Ave, because the hotel is set back 150 yards or so from the road...absolutely no traffic noise! The hotel is about a 2 minute drive east of I-75 at Exit 16. The manager, Ron, has an exceptional staff who are friendly and highly professional...smiles all around and good old fashioned southern hospitality. They have a terrific $5.95 breakfast special (scrambled eggs, grits or potatoes, with patty sausages and toast. And, they have a very reasonably priced bar. Morning coffee is free in the lobby.
The hotel is about 4 hours south of Atlanta on I-75, close to the Florida border. After staying there, I will make it a priority to stay there again on any trip through Georgia. They have free internet in the rooms and just off the lobby they have a very nice business center with computers and printers. I should also mention that housekeeping services were impeccable...every day it was a pleasure to return to the room.
If you have a group that needs a meeting place or an event that needs a catered lunch or dinner, you should consider this hotel. They served a wonderful dinner for 68 of us and it was delicious. We had a selection of fish, beef or chicken and it was very well prepared! Great service!!!
I'm from California, have never been to this hotel before and have no reason to sing its praises. I am a "hard marker" when it comes to ratings, but, I just can't get over how pleasant the staff made our stay at this excellent hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Our Valdosta, Georgia Hotel's Southern Hospitality. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center of Valdosta, Georgia welcomes you to our Valdosta hotel. We offer you exemplary service and a great location that puts the best of Southern Georgia at your fingertips. Leisure guests appreciate our Valdosta hotel's location with its easy access to I-75 and US-84. You can visit nearby Valdosta State University or enjoy the wonders of Wild Adventures Theme Park. Nearby attractions also include the Azalea Trail, the Turner Center for the Arts and downtown Valdosta. Lodging in our hotel in Valdosta offers corporate guests a short commute to the James Rainwater Conference Center and the Azalea City Industrial Park. The Valdosta Regional Airport and Moody Air Force Base are easy to reach, as are the South Georgia Medical Center and Smith Northview Hospital. We have 4,500 sq. ft. of space for any meeting or social event in Valdosta. Our hotel's amenities provide you with a gracious welcome. You can feast on taste-tempting cuisine at our Azalea's Restaurant & Lounge. You can choose a room with contemporary decor, a family suite with bunk beds or a romantic Jacuzzi room for two. Take advantage of the outdoor pool and its sun deck. Our full-service Valdosta hotel is waiting to offer you the comforts of home in a soothing southern environment. Discover what makes us unique among Valdosta hotels when you book your next stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel Valdosta
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Valdosta
- Valdosta Holiday Inn