“First Class Operation!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We stayed here for an Air Force pilot training reunion...I was there for 5 nights. I had a spacious room with two very comfortable queen beds. Fantastic shower head in the room with excellent water pressure. Many of the reunion attendees were retired Captains for major airlines who are used to hotel stays and I heard many comments about how much they were enjoying this hotel.

The hotel itself is very well appointed and is very quiet, even on the side facing West Hill Ave, because the hotel is set back 150 yards or so from the road...absolutely no traffic noise! The hotel is about a 2 minute drive east of I-75 at Exit 16. The manager, Ron, has an exceptional staff who are friendly and highly professional...smiles all around and good old fashioned southern hospitality. They have a terrific $5.95 breakfast special (scrambled eggs, grits or potatoes, with patty sausages and toast. And, they have a very reasonably priced bar. Morning coffee is free in the lobby.

The hotel is about 4 hours south of Atlanta on I-75, close to the Florida border. After staying there, I will make it a priority to stay there again on any trip through Georgia. They have free internet in the rooms and just off the lobby they have a very nice business center with computers and printers. I should also mention that housekeeping services were impeccable...every day it was a pleasure to return to the room.

If you have a group that needs a meeting place or an event that needs a catered lunch or dinner, you should consider this hotel. They served a wonderful dinner for 68 of us and it was delicious. We had a selection of fish, beef or chicken and it was very well prepared! Great service!!!

I'm from California, have never been to this hotel before and have no reason to sing its praises. I am a "hard marker" when it comes to ratings, but, I just can't get over how pleasant the staff made our stay at this excellent hotel!

Room Tip: Just book a room, any room, and you will be very satisfied.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Al H
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

You are sooooooooooo appreciated for taking the time to write so much about your visit with us. We had a ball taking care of your group. You are all heroes in our eyes and we appreciate you so much for your service to our country. I do give all the credit for your wonderful experience to the best team of hospitality professionals in the business. Kim, Kyle, Courtney, Lenny, Christen and their teams know how to take care of their guest no matter who they are. I’m proud to be their leader!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

Another quality Holiday Inn, the rooms were clean, the service very good and the location right off the highway. They gave us 2 free drink coupons on check in....very nice freebie. Highly recommend if you are staying or traveling through Valdosta.

• Stayed: November 2012
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Thank for taking the time to write a great review about all aspects of our hotel and services. We have the best operation in Valdosta and our reviews reflect that. We hope that next time you stay with us we can earn 5 stars from you. We will see you soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2012

We had a reunion of Air Force buddies and the planners could not have picked a better location. The Manager, Ron, and his entire staff bent over backwards to make sure that we had everything that we needed. It made our four day stay most enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel for conferences or any type of get together. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel is conveniently located to I-75.

Chick the Hun driver

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

The pilot class reunion was a thrill for us as well SIR! To host so many heroes at one time was a real pleasure and one this veteran appreciated very much. Thank you for the endorsement! If your class decides to have another get together you know where to come. God Bless!

Reviewed 9 November 2012

The staff at the Valdosta, GA Holiday Inn truly made my trip way more fun than I expected it to be. They were extremely accommodating, always friendly and willing to help in any way they could. I can't say when I will be back in the area, but when I am, I wouldn't dare stay anywhere else. Thanks again - especially Kyle, CJ, and Christen!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
rw_arlis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for your amazing comments. Kyle, CJ and Christen are but 3 of a larger amazing staff of customer service experts here at the hotel. We absolutely loved having you stay with us. When in the area, please give us a call. Thank you so much for your service to our country!

Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel more than a few days and was very pleased. This is a great location with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. The rooms were nice and the bed was comfortable, but what I was most happy/impressed with was the staff. This staff is on point! They went out of their way to make me feel at home. I know there are a lot of folks who work there that went above and beyond to make my stay a memorable one. I would like to give a big thank you to the following staff members: Kyle, Courtney, Christen, C.J. and Kim. Being on the road so much takes a lot out of you, so when you're treated like family, it makes me feel good to know that people do care. You guys and gals rock!!! I would come back and stay at this place in a heartbeat.

Thanks,
Ryan

P.S. Hot coffee!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Ryan,
Having the Thunderbirds stay with us was our treat. Kyle, Kim, Christen, Courtney and CJ loved providing excellent customer service to you. I’m a veteran and support our military everyday and this staff understands that. Thank You for your service to our country but also “Thank You” for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about the service team you encountered. My God Bless!