All reviewshuddle house next doorclean roomsstay there againgeorgiamicrowavecleanliness
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Traveling from Savannah on a bicycle made Townsend my first stop. This hotel needs some sprucing up on the outside. The room was okay, the beds comfortable. The bed spread had a burn hole in it and the shower was in tough shape.

The staff was pleasant and helpful.

Bring you own shampoo and leave the soap in the wrapper.

On the plus side, the motel 6 resvestions 800 number was very good and helpful.

The huddle house at the hotel was convient, friendly and decent.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Townsend, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

It's with sadness that I write this review. I have had great experiences with Motel 6 across the country previously when traveling with my dog. I really appreciate Motel 6's pets stay for free and no breed/weight restriction policies. However, this stay was an absolute NIGHTMARE.

I've read on other reviews that the service here is friendly. Yes, it was - until I presented a guest certificate that was "good for one night of stay". The woman at the front desk immediately became irritated and gave me bad attitude. A man also came out and explained that the certificate is for a discount - but they still charged me the full price.

When I checked into the room at 3am, fully exhausted, I was in shock. The room was DISGUSTING. The pillow cases were yellow and wrinkled, bed sheets were stained, the sheet cover even had a lipstick mark on it. The saving grace was the shower - which was hot and had good water pressure. I seriously thought about checking out right away to find another place to stay...unfortunately, the next motel/hotel was miles away and I had been driving for 6 hours and could barely keep my eyes open.

After I called the corporate office the next morning to discuss the issue of the guest certificate, the manager of the motel promptly called me back to solve the problem, which was appreciated. The shower and the manager response were what earned this location at least a 1-star rating.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Townsend, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in carrying on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a restful night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Getting a late start on our way to Florida we decided to stop for the night. We took a chance on this Motel 6 in Townsend and was has happily surprised. The staff was friendly,the room was clean, spacious, with a microwave and fridge. The room warmed up quickly on a chilly December night and we had a restful nights sleep. A big plus for me was the floors did not have carpet!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Excellent location amazing staff, great amenities , great gas station and very comfortable beds. Plan on staying here time and time again.Excellent comfort for a bargain price. Love staying here, great with pets as well!!!!

Room Tip: Ground is best
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Melinda C
MasterkeyHospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Motel 6 Townsend, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Melinda,

Wow, thank you for the lovely comments. We are thrilled that you were impressed by both the room and the amenities offered. Our number one goal is to provide all our guests with a wonderful experience during their stay. We appreciate the recommendation, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards,
The Team at Motel 6 Townsend

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I enjoyed the friendliness of the people who work there. The location is great for those traveling interstate 95 midway through the state of Georgia. That there is a restaurant and a store on the premise is great also.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
MasterkeyHospitality, Masterkey Hospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Motel 6 Townsend, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Jacob,

Thank you for spending your time to give us a kind feedback on your recent stay. It’s pleasing that you remarked the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. We have passed this on to our employees and we are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Townsend.

Best Regards,