“Roach in the greens”

Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Thomasville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in the historic town of Thomasville, Georgia, JONAH'S offers delicious seafood and more made fresh daily and served in a family-friendly, alcohol-free environment. JONAH'S "fish & grits" is a refined twist on the English concept of "fish & chips" married with the United States' southern tradition, flair, and hospitality.
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Poor customer service. I had been looking forward to eating at Jonah's, and drove an hour to try their new collard greens. The waitress did not seem amused to see that we ordered appetizers, soup and collard greens because we had already tried a bakery and café down the road. I felt very uncomfortable and upset to find a roach in my greens. The waitress did not seem surprised and handed us a free appetizer coupon. I don't think I'll come back to Jonah's to use it.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

I was in the area for business, and stopped at Jonah's after hearing great things about it from the people I was working with. The location is great; Thomasville is a beautiful little town. I was by myself, so I was seated quickly. I browsed their menu and the first thing that I saw was that they were an "alcohol-free" restaurant that served God and Jesus. That is fine with me, but just a warning to anyone coming from out of town. I was not expecting the long paragraph on the side on religion to come with my fish. Anyways, besides that, the food was amazing. I had their special, a Parmesan crusted grouper sandwich, with a side of fries. I have had grouper before, but this was the best one I have had. They had some sort of aioli mayo on the bread that went so well with the fish. Also, the fries were delicious. They served my meal with a hush puppy on the side. I have never had one before, but after having the one with my meal, I wish I had ordered them as an appetizers, it was so yummy. Also, prices are very reasonable! The other thing is, the hours are kind of odd. Open for lunch and dinner, but they close for a couple hours in between.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Came to this bright town for business and stopped in due to the ratings here on TA. Got to admit, the previous reviews did not lie. Right in the middle of Downtown and surrounded by the culture, this place was a real treat. The service was friendly and their recommendations also sounded appetizing. The salmon bisque was delicious. Also sampled the Shrimp and Grits along with the Crab stuffed Salmon . . . or was that flounder. At any rate, the meal was prepared to my liking and the experience here made me put Thomasville GA on the visit list again.

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

We went to eat here with my husband's family to celebrate a birthday and our marriage. Nice food and comfy atmosphere. Casual dress to slightly dressy works here. We had grilled bacon wrapped scallops and fried green tomatoes as our appetizers. You also get hush puppies with the first basket being free. For the entree my husband and I shared the crab stuffed salmon with garlic mashed potatoes and a salad. Even though we had dessert sitting at home I could not turn down the chance to get the Creme Brûlée. I would highly recommend Jonah's to anyone. The atmosphere and food are delightful. We will definitely be coming back!

1  Thank Sonjaxon
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

We drove from Tallahassee just to have a delicious dinner here. Read the reviews and confirmed it was worth the drive. Had the Parmesan crusted grouper with grits and spinach. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend this restaurant even if there is a wait.

Been to Jonah's Fish & Grits? Share your experiences!