“Great”

Stone Mountain Park
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Stone Mountain Park is Georgia's most visited attraction, drawing nearly 4 million guests each year. With over 3,200 acres of natural beauty, the Park is a unique and fun destination where families and friends can enjoy the outdoors together, while experiencing an exciting variety of attractions, entertainment and recreation. It's home to the worlds largest LaserShow Spectacular, tons of attractions, two championship golf courses, a campground and two Mariott hotels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We love the park. A lot of it was closed because of the season but enough was open for the number of people there. Our kids grew up coming to the park from WI. This was the highlight of the trip to GA

Write a ReviewReviews (3,466)
All reviews
in 74 reviews
"mile hike"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We were in the area for a family wedding and thought we'd stop to see the Stone Mountain memorial. Unfortunately, it was a rainy day and low clouds prevented us from seeing the stone carving. Most of the attractions were closed as were most shops.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Spent two hours learning about the history of the South

The park is quite large and has a lot of trails and roads to jog on.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

There are great things to do here as a family. We loved it. We are from Texas and don’t have anything like this around us. Spent a whole day in the rain there didn’t get to do the duck ride thing as we went right at 4:50 and they close at 5 doesn’t make much sense but it’s okay. It was a great place family of 4 for $100 I’ll take it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 March 2018

I arrived at the park after walking 20 minutes from downtown. I was able to connect from Atlanta via the Marta train and then the bus. I began my adventure with a short film on the creation of the monument at the Confederate Hall. Another 20 minute walk around the mountain to the recreation area got me a great view of the monument which seems small from the ground. After taking many great pictures I followed a trail up to and around to the direct path and spent 40 more minutes climbing to the fairly flat top of Stone Mountain. The top offered great views of Atlanta and the surrounding countryside. It also had some snacks and restrooms. There is also a cable car option for going back down if you are exhausted. I took the walk straight back down which only took about 30 minutes. It was a beautiful day and I was joined by many other people which made for an interactive afternoon. Note: there were signs posted to be careful if there is rain. I truly believe you need to avoid the walk if there has been any rain or mist as much of the climb up and down is a flat rock that would become very slick.

3  Thank bLiselotte