“Best Cuban Sandwich that I have ever had!”

Papi’s Cuban & Caribbean Grill
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Stockbridge
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Description: You don't have to travel to Cuba or the Caribbean to experience the flavors that are indigenous to the tropics. Papi's brings all the essence of the South Seas to you, with attention to authenticity and an adherence to the recipes of generations.
Reviewed 12 May 2017

This was the best Cuban sandwich that I have had. The atmosphere was great. I haven't tried anything else but I plan to go back soon.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 30 April 2017

I had high hopes for this restaurant. I am always looking for Caribbean Spanish food in Georgia and I haven't found one that measures up yet.
The rice was mushy and overcooked, the chicken was not what I expected. Although the staff was friendly it did take a while for the food to come out. I will say this, the location in Atlanta is MUCH better. I suggest, if you have time to go to that one instead.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 30 April 2017

We went in for dinner and started with empanada sampler, it was great! Our entrees were also good, but for dessert, we got the strawberry and cream cheese empanadas. So delicious.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I have been going to this restaurant since the day they opened years ago. Has always been a great place to eat. Tonight we saw that the menu has been changed radically. They now serve tacos, hamburgers etc. I don't go to a Cuban Restaurant to have tacos.

The biggest problem now is that they are charging gratuities on the check and it includes gratuity on not only the food and service but also on the State Sales Tax. Where the bottom of the check has three suggested gratuity amounts of 12, 15 and 20%. The problem here is that on these amounts the gratuity is calculated after the original gratuity is already added. In other words they expect you to pay gratuity not only on tax but also on another gratuity.

This may very well cause us to not frequent them again.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

As for the food, it is a chain restaurant with okay food. I have been to many authentic Cuban diners that were awesome. Everything kind of tasted the same. Our waitress took our order of drinks and an appetizer. My wife received her soda as I watched my cocktail sit on the bar for 15 minutes. Another waitress after reminding ours that the drink was there finally brought it to me. Our waitress came over and was glad to see I had my drink and said "Oh, your appetizer". Which came about 15 minutes later along with our dinners? Do yourself a favor and pass on this place! Nothing was worth it.