“NO other Mexican restaurant can top El Som.”

El Sombrero Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #15 of 164 Restaurants in Statesboro
Reviewed 11 June 2015

seriously, i love to eat mexican food. this is my spot i lived in Statesboro for many years and i ate here probably 2 to three times a week, of not more. Pedro and the Staff here are barnone the best staff i have ever sat with. plus....$2 big beers? who would want to go anywhere else?

Date of visit: January 2015

Reviewed 19 November 2014

Went to El Sombrero on recommendation. Food was average...nothing that made me think...yummy. It was very busy and so quite loud. To be fair to this restaurant, I will probably go back another time to see if it was just an "off" night for the restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed 15 September 2014 via mobile

This used to be our favorite restaurant. The quality of the food is kind of like a hit it miss thing. I'd rather go somewhere I know I am going to pay for a good meal. The service is hit or miss also. It definitely is the college hang out for cheap big mugs of beer but that is about it.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This place never gets old; when I'm in town, I visit every Friday night. I love the steak and poll loco! And they usually have drink specials.

Date of visit: January 2014