“Great Sushi”

Tokyo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 164 Restaurants in Statesboro
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I love sushi and I have eaten sushi in many places this has to be one of my favorite places to go for sushi. I am not from the Statesboro area and in town this is a go to for sushi.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped in tonight for a birthday dinner and the hostesses actually said with a party of it will be a while or you might just want to go somewhere else!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Came in for lunch, sat quickly and server came right over. Took our order efficiently, made sure she came back to check on us. Food was excellent again...

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 14 November 2016

The restaurant is not very clean. It is in a small place. It is confusing when you enter because most of the time there is no one there to greet you or tell you to wait or to sit. The food is different from anything we have in town. They have some fried sushi and their boxes are tasty. The servers are young and don't always seem happy to be working there. Do NOT ask for any chances to the menu- they will not make any changes or substitutions.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Greeting was sub par. First red flag. However, my absolute first impression were the dirty tables and chairs... we were seated at a table that had obviously not been cleaned.Yuck! So we moved to the bar and realized it was just as bad, if not worse, there. This is the first place I've ever eaten where the sushi was not amazing. And I am not a picky person. Especially when it comes to Sushi. That being said, my 10 year old daughter did love her steak Hibachi meal. Both of us just couldn't get past the crumbs and leftovers on the counter from meals prior to us. Also, waaay overpriced for tiny pieces of sushi you get. I will say the waitress was good ( very sweet and polite) although we had to ask for virtually everything that I normally have at my table at other sushi restaurants. Soy sauce, bowls for the soy sauce, napkins, etc. Not my typical Sushi experience. Especially for the money. Wish I had researched that area first.

Date of visit: October 2016