“Love this place!”

Ocean Galley Seafood
Ranked #21 of 164 Restaurants in Statesboro
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Have been many times. This time with a RV club of 26 people. Excellent service for all, 4 waitress. :)
They have Steamed and Fried seafood. Clams and Mussels too. Also they offer a multifaceted seafood basket that is more than likely too much for 2 people. Plenty to eat. What is neat is you pick your flavor like Garlic and heat like how spicy. They do it in a plastic bag so you don't loose the flavors. The bag includes potatoes, sausage and corn on the cob. (mush on the cob I call it) Would stop again, a must try!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Loved it and believe me, we are picky about food and service. Why did we love this place? Well the food was very good and the girl who served us (Ashley) went above and beyond being polite hospitable and charming! Fried shrimp was some of the tastiest I have ever eaten. I was going to order another dish but glad I went with this as the breading's flavor and density were perfect. The shrimp was nice sized, butterflied nicely, and cooked to perfection. (And plenty of them!) The tartar sauce is now one of my favorites. Hush pups good and husband loved the fried flounder and oysters platter and son loved the fried shrimp po boy! Sorry all we can comment on is fried food causes that's what we wanted. Sides: fried okra and fries were good and also green beans were good (but more bacon or pork fat in them than I personally prefer). Atmosphere is VERY casual old style seafood house without catchy memorable decor but yet a good hole in a wall comfort food hutch like you might find at an old beach village.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

It's been couple years since I visited Ocean Gallery. All I can say is that they have remodeled & improved. The restaurant was packed with the after church crowd but we were seated immediately. Our order was taken quickly & our food arrived without much wait. I observed all waitstaff constantly taking orders, serving, refreshing drinks, checking on needs at tables & rapidly cleaning tables for the next patrons. There was no idle time but there was no sense of chaos or anxiousness. All waitstaff were smiling & friendly. The atmosphere was warm & family friendly. The decor is pleasing & not overwhelming. The food was excellent. The hush puppies are slightly sweet, the interior is light & moist & the outside has a nice crust. Probably the best hush puppies I have had. My mixed grill was excellent & my husband had the peel & eat shrimp. They were easy to peel, not overlooked & well seasoned. My mother-in-law had the whole catfish. She was very pleased with the seasoning & the breeding. An excellent choice for lunch or dinner. We highly recommend Ocean Galley Seafood.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Food is excellent. The shrimp and grits can only be gotten here. They fry the fish and shrimp perfectly. Not greasy and not over cooked. The grits are always creamy. The restaurant is a little dark inside and hasn't been changed too much since it opened but it is clean.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Good food good service, what more could you ask for. Nice off the main road but worth stopping in and trying Just stopped by on way back to Florida