“Very good food.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brown Wood Lane
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I took my partner to this place to celebrate our anniversary. I happened to find out about it online, as usual. I read about it and made a reservation. I have been driving by this place for years, and never paid it any attention. Some of you may have been doing the same. It is a very ice place, romantically lit, but unfortunately the day that I made a reservation the air conditioning went out but they made it as comfortable as possible for the patrons. Our serer, Dave, was extremely pleasant. I started by ordering the Tuna tartar, after I saw a table near us enjoying it. It was delicious. Oddly this is about the only way that I will eat tuna, and I enjoyed every bite of it. I followed that with the Roasted Pear and Walnut salad, awesome! and finally the Free range chicken which was great. This special is a bit pricey but a great place to celebrate that special day with that special one or ones. Our bill came to right at $200 but to me it was worth every penny of it. As I stated, it is one of those places to go to celebrate that special one, so I do intend to go again sometime. Just not on a regular basis. But overall, the food and service were great! This is one that I will definitely recommend, especially I you are in the Vinings area and looking for a great place to go eat.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Blackstone has a super choice of steaks and other favorites. Service is prompt and efficent. They have a nice choice of wines and make excellent cocktails.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Something has changed at this landmark in West Cobb. The servers, bartender and even manager are not concerned about your experience. So we will not be concerned about their restaurant going forward, Good bye to a place I enjoyed.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have had a couple of decent meals at Blackstone (both times sitting in the bar area), but the New Year's Eve dinner on 12/31/13 was not one of them. For next year, I suggest that the owner fix the fireplace in the "private" dining room to add ambiance to the otherwise warm atmosphere back there, do something to get the music of the band piped in there, purchase and serve a better quality of food for such a special evening, and have more hostesses and more food/drink runners working. It took about 10 minutes to get seated, another 10 at least to be greeted by our server (who was lovely and did the best he could), then another 30 AT LEAST to have our drinks delivered. Our server even took our food order before the drinks arrived. The first course was, in fact, absolutely delicious. We had the calamari and the mussels, and both were perfect. The second course was salad - generic but just fine. It's salad, right? The second course - we both had ribeye steak - was terrible. Cold, undercooked (we ordered medium rare, but both were raw), and of poor quality (gristly). Really one of the worst ribeyes I can remember in a long time. Fourth course was desserts. Generic, boxed, and tasteless cheesecake, and a creme brulee that was lumpy and tasteless as well. It was a very disappointing experience. Their Vinings Restaurant Week deal for $25 was much better than this NYE package. I live in Vinings, I would go back to Blackstone, but they need to do better on NYE. Lastly, the NYE menu had at least one spelling error (rissotto vs risotto), the website had typos and errors (the ZIP code has a typo - seriously?!) - a high school senior could catch this stuff without even using spell check. The NYE menu on the website must have had an extra carriage return at the bottom of the document, so although it all fit on one page, there was a second blank page that served no purpose. This is amateur stuff. Time to get a new marketing person.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Well hubby and I decided to give it another try; and also we had gift cards because of the last time we were there. The owner Tom seemed to be nice, he gave me 2 wine tasters which was very nice I thought. The waitress was very nice and when the bread was delivered that was the first problem, the fruit flies started flying around. We killed 2 but they multiplied :) seriously. Because of the lack of patrons in the dining room, you could hear the other wait staff. An elderly couple was celebrating their 46 wedding anniversary and once they left the staff said bad comments about them that we could hear. The salads were decent but still flies were around. My hubby order the pork chop and said it was very good, my ribs were good but had to take them home because of the flies. Now its time to pay we present the cards and waitress states I have to bring the owner over. He explains that the manager that gave us the cards has been fired, and bad he was. Ok but what about the cards, he states he can't honor the cards because he would go out of business if he did. My hubby ask did you call the police and have him arrested he says no, so my hubby say then why we as customers have to pay and you not honor the cards. Bottom line we paid our wine bill and 1/2 of our menu.
We got the gift cards due to bad food and service and it was not honored the second time around.

1  Thank Cmp1130