“Come meet Marvin ... Bartender”
Review of Blackstone - CLOSED

Blackstone
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brown Wood Lane
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Well Kenny is not here now but the bar has a friendly bartender, Marvin
COME IN AND GET TO KNOW HIM
I ordered the ribs ( don't do it ! - not fall off the bone ) BUT I asked Marvin for a suggestion and he recommended a Malbec mountain door it was a great choice with ribs ...
Yes they have tree problems but I am pleased they are looking to bring back the $5 martini. And every Thursday a band
I came for dress up Halloween .. Lots of fun !
I

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was my first time dinning at this establishment it's close to my house and I like to support local businesses.
Our server was great and the manager was very nice and came by to check on our meal. My steak was cook perfectly and we both enjoyed ourselves and the atmosphere.
From what it looks like from past reviews they have defiantly improved, I believe the manager said he was new so maybe that is why.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

First let me say the manager came out and apologize and gave our party of 28 a $25.00 gift card to return. This is was awesome. I have been there many times before and had never had bad service or food that was not great quality. My ribeye was AWESOME cooked medium rare. Now next to me the ribeye came out 50% fat very strange.
Our waitress the blonde started off very nice, but she was overwhelmed by our large party. When someone at the table made a statement about the gouda mac & cheese being sharp cheddar, she made a comment and "and by the way that is gouda cheese". Sorry gouda is not deep yellow. Bad attitude started to show.
We knew our food would take awhile because of the size of the party but a hamburger should never be the last meal to come to the table.
shrimp po boy on the menu NOT it was sourdough toast with 3 (20 to 25 count) shrimp. remove it from the menu or can it a sandwich please
We would have drank more but the service was not quick enough with the drinks it took 37 mins for my grey goose straight up to come.
Hopefully the new GM can turn it around, it was a really nice place and good food before.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have eaten here many times. I used to think they really wanted and tried to be in the same realm as Atlanta's famed steakhouses, like Bone's, Chop's, Blue Ridge Grill. For a while I thought they were pretty close, but always a little below. We really looked forward to returning last night. What a disappointment! This place has slid down, down, down. The prices reflect that of a fine dining establishment, but the quality, service and atmosphere have dropped to sub standard. As one diner indicated, Longhorn is a better bet. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good. Definitely not worth the price they charge, even with a Groupon discount.

Upon arriving, it should be noted the exterior could use some tlc. The hostess was pleasant and we were seated promptly. We did have a reservation, but I don't think it was really necessary, even at 7:30. Our server took longer to appear and then the service was haphazard at best. It should be noted her tattoos were interesting, but probably more appropriate for Fellini's Pizza than a top notch steak house. There was no longer any wait assistants as in the past and like so many other top notch restaurants have. We were dependent on the server for everything, which didn't work out so well. The menu selections were a lot more limited in the past. No raw oysters, either. So disappointed about that. We ordered the fried calamari appetizer. It took forever and it really wasn't visually appealing. It was OK, but not really that great. It was sort of drenched in some Asian style sauce and chilies. The steak choices were really limited, too. Ribeye or tenderloin, that was it. One size of each, that was it. They also took a long, long time. One, the tenderloin, was served sort of smashed to the side of the plate on top the mashed potatoes and the signature sauce was forgotten. The other, the ribeye looked OK, but was only about 1/2" thick and no bone. It was served was sauce, but it was the sauce meant for the other entree. After we received the entrees our waitress must have left for a smoke, maybe all the waitstaff did. After about 15 minutes I actually asked the hostess for the missing sauce. Which she very kindly and promptly recovered from the kitchen. Unfortunately, the red wine demi glace was actually a watering muck, so it really wasn't worth the wait. The sides were OK, nothing great. The waitress eventually reappeared and we were finally able to leave. We were NOT going to even risk another course. Oh yeah, no bread anymore either.

Though never super plush. This place has gotten seedier. Very dated, and dirty. Probably need to dim the lights a little more. Needs a good dusting for sure, especially the window ledges. The air conditioner probably should be looked at as well. And what is with the somewhat loud hip hop music? Oh yeah and all the staff gathering at the hostess station or in the bar to watch the GA game?

This is not a fine dining experience, which the prices reflect. It is really not a steakhouse either. I don't know what this restaurant wants to be, but I don't open will be in their future, either.

1  Thank JennATl
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had not been to Blackstone for a few years, it has really change and not for the good!!! The very limited menu only offers two steaks, the server forgot our salads, the steaks were average, veggies overcooked and they charged $3.00 for bread. What happen to Blackstone? We ask the server about the limited menu and he explained that it the manager scaled it down due to "Groupon" coupons (we didn't have a Groupon coupon) we told him our meal was disappointing, he was sorry and would tell the manager know. That would have been hard for him to do as the manager was out front on the lawn walking his dog!! Sad to say, but I think we have had been meals at Longhorn and spend a lot less!!