“Try the Spring Sangria!”
Review of Fuego Mundo

Fuego Mundo
Ranked #20 of 132 Restaurants in Sandy Springs
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2016

This place is another "hidden gem" of Atlanta. Technically in Sandy Springs but is just inside the Perimeter (ITP). I have been several times now and absolutely LOVE it! Being vegetarian I love that I can order a grilled Tofu "steak", and while they do have potato fries, the other side offerings are too good to pass up! The plantains are my favorite, but the Bok Choy and Quinoa are also delicious. Their veggie burger is different, but in a good way and also flavorful; NOT a bean burger that most places offer as their vegetarian fare. If you like Sangria, or if you have had it and didn't care for it, THIS is the place to try it again. Hands down THE BEST I have ever had. Oh, and make room for an order of Pastelitos or sweet Plaintain S'mores, seriously.
Staff were friendly and seemed genuinely eager to please. Ambiance was casual and open, but had an intimate feel. I could see it as being an impressive date place. Prices are a bit higher than one might expect but, in my opinion, well worth it!
Lots of free, covered parking just behind them.
Oh, and check the hours before you go, Oddly they are closed on Saturdays in the Summer, but they do offer the space for private rentals and events so that may be the reason.

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

I love this restaurant! My family took me here for my birthday. As someone who suffers from severe food allergies, donning out can be quite scary! I felt right at home here. Their menu is very clear regarding what items are gluten free and which are dairy free. I highly recommend their Latin cheese bead and yuca fries! They were wonderful!!! I love the staff!!! They were really friendly, and didn't mind my thousand questions. They even brought me a dairy free gluten free desert with a candle on it!!!! I will come back here every time I am in Atlanta!!!!

Reviewed 13 January 2016

The specialty here is grilled meat, and they have a fire grill. But they also have many vegetarian options. The grilled bokchoy was great. The fried yucca was the best I have ever had. The mushroom soup was superior.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

I have eaten here several times. With a glass of wine, a typical dinner is about $30. Expensive compared to other similar restaurants, but I really LOVE their food. I keep coming back, and have enjoyed it every time.

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

We were there with our grown children. The service was pretty quick. The wait staff was quick and efficient and nice. They refilled the water more often then we could drink it.
The food was good and original.