All reviews golf courses are sea island beach club sister property the men's locker room personal butler georgian room rose petal bath star resort putting green adirondack chairs golf staff great golf back porch kiawah island golf vacation pro shop
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Right on the ocean and beautiful golf courses...this beautiful hotel lobby, restaurants and bar are simply beautiful and elegant. Comfort and graciousness abound. The men's locker room is spectacular! Hubby loved the professional..and I mean professional golf instructors.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank terrycarlson2018
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

The Lodge is an awesome facility in a beautiful setting. The staff is friendly and very much service oriented.

The rooms are large and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and the balconies private and a good size.

The shower and tub were a real treat... amazing water pressure - a rain shower the way a rain shower should be

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jdms33
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Just got back from three nights/four days at The Lodge. 4 guys (46-50) came down to celebrate a 50th bday and we had an amazing experience at Sea Island. We've done golf trips all over the country (Pebble Beach, Streamsong, Myrtle Beach, Casa De Campo, Doral, Phoenix, etc) and this was amongst the best for a golf buddy trip.

We loved staying at the Lodge for it's location to everything golf related. Walk out of your room, down a couple of staircases and you're in the Men's locker room and then steps away from the range. The golf facilities were very impressive. Seaside is the real deal. Amazing conditions, fast greens and a very very challenging layout. We really enjoyed both Plantation and Retreat as well. By no means are they "throw-away" courses. Both were in pretty decent shape (one notch below Seaside) but the greens were just as good. Rolled pure and true. Retreat is the easiest of the three but very enjoyable to play even for the low handicapper. Plantation has tons of bunkers all over the place so it's a little less forgiving than Retreat. We had two scratches and two 15 handicaps and both groups equally enjoyed all three courses.

The service at the Lodge is excellent and that goes for every aspect of the place. The doorman, the concierge, the golf staff, and then men's locker room attendants will accommodate any reasonable request with a smile. I really felt like everyone wanted to make my experience awesome from the moment I arrived to the moment I left.

They're doing some renovations so there's some construction going on but other than affecting the length of the 10th hole on Plantation, there's very little impact to the overall enjoyment of the resort.

I would definitely recommend this place to a group of guys looking for a relaxing golf vacation. The courses are very enjoyable, challenging and most importantly (at least to us) had really good greens that tested all of your putting abilities. The Lodge is a very very convenient place to stay with all of the modern amenities you're looking for. And by the way, the showers in the Lodge Rooms and in the men's locker rooms are AMAZING!!!! Best water pressure you will find anywhere...

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The Lodge is the most private hotel option in Sea Island. The Cloister is the largest property and if you are looking for quiet and reserved, The Lodge is the place. It is a 5 star hotel and has under 50 rooms (43 to be exact). The lobby is gorgeous with dark wooden fixtures, carpets and comfortable couches. We were there in December and the Christmas trees were decorated beautifully. As soon as you arrive at The Lodge, you are welcomed by name and escorted to your room by a butler. I loved the European feel of the Lodge and each room was made to look like a room in a European castle. The artwork reminded me of Belgium and so did thed heavy wood.I think the intent was to look like an English manor, even though it was actually built early in the 20th century.
As you enter your room, your have a walk in area with wet bar, Nespresso machine, ironing board that pulls down from the closet and closet area. The bathroom is then also off of the main entryway and has dual sinks, classic metal handles and a pedestol tub. The shower was a huge walk-in shower made of marble and the handles reminded me of something from London in the early 1900's. The toiletries are by Milton Brown.
As you then step into your bedoom, the Lodge will cleverly put on the Golf channel during turn-down service at night. Cookies are also part of the nightly service. The bed was very comfortable and I really enjoyed the patio with chairs that overlooked the water. It was all very peaceful and serene. The sitting area in the room was also nice and there was a big desk to work. The ceilings are made of wooden beams and add elevation to the room. I did feel like I was staying in another country and truly loved my stay.
Each night around 5pm, a bagpiper marches up the field in front of the patio of the Lodge. You can sit on an Adirondack chair and listen and have an evening cocktail as the sun sets.

Dining: There is the Oak Room which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Colt and Alison is the high end steakhouse serving dinner with a view of the golf greens. We had a fantastic meal here and Chef Danny is very talented. We also enjoyed breakfast and lunch in the Oak Room.

Another interesting tidbit I learned is that you can take one of the BMW 750 series that is parked in the front of the Lodge and drive it over to the Cloister and other part of the hotel. The goal is to get you to test drive and this has turned out to be very profitable for this BMW dealer. I did not get a chance to make it to the Cloister and would like to go next time.

The staff was amazing and the service everywhere was excellent. There is also a little gift pro shop with golf wear, souvenirs and high end sunglasses and apparel for sale.

I highly recommend this resort for a quiet getaway and Southern hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Katladyunc
Reviewed 20 February 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Lodge for 4 days in December 2017 and had a wonderful time. I just had a baby and we decided to do a golf trip for just the 2 of us. We had some issues with golf club shipments and ended up postponing the trip by a week but the reservation was kind enough to work with us to accommodate our schedule. I am also nursing so i made specific requirements to have a fridge and microwave in our room. Upon arrival, the butler let us check in a very efficient manner and also offered to get our lunch set up in the room so we can make our tee time. The most impressive part of my trip is that the butlers worked hard to accommodate my lactation needs and i was able to freeze my milk every 6 hours in the chef's fridge. The facility and hotel is very conveniently located by the golf courses and we had fun playing all 3 courses. We ventured out for dinner on all 3 nights and were impressed by what sea island had to offer. The lodge also had complimentary BWM 7 series cars for use around the island and we took advantage of the offering and enjoyed the massage feature on the chairs. We took a Pilates class at the fitness center and the instruction was very professional.
We definitely plan to bring our family back next time and i would rate the property above the Pinehurst and the Sanctuary in Kiawah Island.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple