All reviews front desk pool area remodeled rooms housekeeping issues outside doors pack and play quiet location tv channels extra towels great hotel hot tub loved this hotel i highly recommend this hotel up to date comfortable beds room rate small hotel
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Pleasantly surprised to stay at this Best Western. The rooms were quite nice and the bathrooms intelligently laid out (sliding door versus a swing door that takes up too much room in the room). Nice beds (although softer pillows would help), and quiet HVAC system helped get to sleep. Poor and patio area very nice for relaxing and wine although weather did not cooperate as far as temperature.

The staff here were universally pleasant and helpful. The happy woman running the breakfast bar deserves a raise for being just wonderfully cheerful each morning, making everyone feel great to start the day.

A good value on an expensive island.

Room Tip: either side is interesting
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Everything was wonderful. Breakfast was amazing. Much better than expected. The front desk staff bent over backwards to accommodate us. The hotel rooms are beautifully decorated and the grounds are kept clean.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 8 April 2017

This was a beautiful hotel,rooms were very nice and comfortable. Unfortunately the room was never made up for our next day stay. The hotel seemed to have a staffing problem that day with housekeeping. Would stay there again if the problem dosen't happen again. Breakfast was the best of our other Best Western stays.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We stayed at this hotel for a few days over Spring Break. On the surface it looks great - a BW that has been recently refurbished, very nicely I might add, with a large swimming pool and patio area that really attracted us, as we have three children who love to swim! The trouble is, when a hotel upgrades itself like this, it REALLY needs to upgrade the staff too. Sadly this one did not, and it showed in several ways which I will come to.

Firstly, we booked a two queen bed room, and it was teeny tiny, VERY claustrophobic. They had availability for a 2 room suite for the last 2 of our 4 day trip, and we moved into that gratefully. Basically, think of the old Best Western motel rooms, with the massive air conditioner under the window - despite the refurb, this is what you get, and with a 2 room suite you get two old rooms knocked into one suite, in fact the front door of the second room is still there behind a curtain :) Still, I would say unequivocally that unless you are 2 people who are very comfortable being crushed together at all times, book a suite!!

We did not have enough towels, and had trouble getting more. After the first night, we had to ask twice if housekeeping were coming to our room because we had seen them about but they never cleaned our room or replaced towels. We were promised TWICE that yes they were.... eventually we were told that they were short staffed, and that no, nobody would be servicing our room. We had to fetch our own towels.

The pool area, though pretty, was dirty. It needed sweeping badly, the pool should be skimmed every single day, and the walk up to the jacuzzi was also like this. In addition, the trash cans on the patio were overflowing, with trash around the floor. In a place like South Georgia, that's just going to attract bugs and nasties in my opinion! I told the front desk staff, and eventually, somebody did pick up the trash, though nothing else was attended to. The Pool Towel stand was always empty - in fact at one point I felt so sorry for the front desk lady who was doing a great job of fielding the complaints she had written all over post-it notes on her desk, that I offered to go put some towels out for her, which I did.

When we moved into the suite, two lamps had missing light bulbs. One of them was on the floor by the window, smashed. I phoned front desk, I asked the receptionist directly, and eventually, on our last night, I collared an elusive housekeeper and asked again to have some light in our bedroom. Maintenance did come and replace the bulbs, but left the broken one where it was.

In the suite which sleeps 5, we were given 3 bath towels and 1 hand towel. When my husband queried this with a housekeeper he was told they were all in the laundry, but we would get some towels shortly. Seriously... every towel in the hotel was in the laundry?!??? We did not get towels. I had to walk down again to front desk, and pick up some towels, and carry them back to the room.

The complimentary breakfast was the usual, nothing special about it but nothing bad either. Kristie the hostess was cheerful and very friendly. The breakfast room had a permanent smell of sulfurous eggs - i'm not sure if it was food or the local swamps :)

I would like to mention Anne who worked the front desk - she was the only member of staff who tried very hard to fix the problems we had, and seemed to care about what she was doing.

Basically, I wouldn't stay at this hotel again until I knew they had employed more cleaning staff, bought more towels, employed someone to maintain the grounds and the basic room maintenance (like light bulbs!) YOu are not running a basic motel there anymore Best Western - if you want to call the hotel a Best Western PLUS, you really need to add staff who are better trained and more plentiful!

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank Polly H
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

This is a GREAT little hotel! The management and staff are awesome. We arrived early on a particularly busy weekend and were treated with true southern hospitality. It's decorated beautifully and very clean. I highly recommend Best Western Plus as a great budget stay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
kp0ulin, General Manager at Best Western Plus St. Simons, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you! I appreciate your comments and will share them with the team.