All reviews pancake machine room was clean hi express other hotels nice stay the breakfast area small refrigerator small hotel short stay the hotel staff yogurt nice pool continental breakfast stay there again enjoyed our stay simons housekeeping
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. We stayed in an Executive King room. It was one of the smallest rooms I've been in a long time. Bathroom was incredible small. The hotel staff was great, the HI Express bkfst was as usual --- edible The price paid was a bit high for what you received. Probably would not choose to stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for taking a second to tell us about your stay. We're glad that you were impressed by our cleanliness and friendly staff, but we're sorry to hear that our rooms didn't meet your expectations. Guest comfort is our first priority, and we use constructive feedback like yours to ensure that we are providing our guests with everything they need. We appreciate your helpful review, and we'll keep your comments in mind when we make improvements in the future. Happy travels!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I travel for a living and this hotel is a mixed bag, so it it hard to be mean to them.

The Good: The staff. Every encounter I had with them was perfect. They did their very best at all times, especially when I needed and extra night, due to unexpected problems at work, and when I needed some help with my room. You won't find better people.

The Bad: My room probably should not have been in service. It was dank. There was mold on the ceiling. The bathroom had a jammed shower door. The only way into the shower on my first night was to do a two-step over the commode. Once I got into the shower, there was no soap dish of any kind to be found! Just three smooth walls. I finally balanced my soap and my razor on the top of the shower bar. The A/C sounded like a broken mix master and did not cool. Remember, it is south Georgia in August! To their credit, I told the front desk about it and everything was fixed that evening when I returned. They even painted over the moldy area. They couldn't do anything about the soap dish. I let it slide. Now, painting is not exactly mold mitigation, but I let it slide because of their effort.

The Ugly: see the photos below!

Room Tip: Stay away from room 213! It's jinxed!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank joe85148
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Joe,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your feedback will help us to improve our services for other guests. Our apologies for the issues you experienced with the bathroom. It's good to hear that our staff were able to correct all of them after your call to the front desk alerting them to the problems. We appreciate your kind remarks regarding how helpful our staffers were throughout your stay and your acknowledgment of their hard work. We hope you will keep us in mind and stop back in the next time you are in the area. We know we can provide a much-improved experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

In town for Marine Corps reunion and came in a couple of days early. The rooms were clean and good size, breakfast was included, nice pool just to cold to use. Great location and the staff was very helpful and had some great suggestions for places for us to eat.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

We hope your reunion went well and that everyone had a great time getting together on St. Simons Island! We're happy you chose to stay at Holiday Inn Express and are pleased to learn that you found our location convenient, our staff friendly and helpful, our accommodations clean and comfortable, and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfasts! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I extend a big thank you to the evening staff. After I was involved in an auto accident stranding me 150 miles away without a car, they cancelled the reservation and offered to waive the room charge. I completed the stay the next evening. Nice central location.The hotel has made some upgrades to the room furniture and fixtures, but overlooked some of the small issues like blackened caulk in the shower stall. In the morning the pancake machine was broken, the egg and meat trays were empty, the food area over crowded and MSNBC was blaring its hate speech on the television. Not a good scene.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank kevinpB2330OA
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi kevinpB2330OA,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent stay with us. I'm thrilled to see that you appreciate the efforts of our night staff. However, I do apologize for the low shower condition, pancake machine functionality and food area. We assure you that we are committed to delivering quality in all aspects of the guest experience and apologize for any dismay. I have forwarded this matter to the maintenance department to be addressed to ensure a positive experience for our future guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and for staying with us. We certainly hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

One of my very best friends wanted to surprise me with a 'girls only' trip to the beach. The original plans were to stay on Tybee Island, GA, but the condo she had picked fell through. The backup plan of getting a reasonable hotel landed with her finding this gem on St Simons Island instead. None of us realized it was much further south of Tybee Island, but it has certainly been a Very Happy Accident! None of us had ever heard of St Simons Island, but we are thrilled to be here.

This Holiday Inn Express has been really good. We loved our very clean room & bathroom. The noise level on the 1st floor has been minimal, the continental breakfast has been surprisingly good, and I absolutely LOVED the swimming pool. It's small, but perfect to relax in & wind down. The staff have been mostly friendly & helpful. The prices are reasonable because you have to drive to most places, but it's been worth it to us. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Simons Island, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Happy accidents are the only type of accidents we would wish for. Though we are saddened to hear your friend's plans fell through elsewhere, we greatly appreciate the chance it gave us to deliver an exceptional visit! We would love to welcome you girls back for another visit. Our relaxing pool, clean and comfortable rooms, and tasty breakfast will all be waiting!