“Delicious Deep Dish Pizza!”

CJ's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We go to CJ's every time we visit the island. It's family owned and family friendly. You can see how much they love the place, there are sweet pictures everywhere. We usually sit at the bar and drink wine while happily shoving magic mushroom pizza in our mouths! It has applewood smoked bacon and pesto sauce. Seriously, you have to try it!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

The boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere to grab Italian and of course Sal's was packed. So I jumped on Trip Advisor and saw CJ's was rated #2 on the island for Italian food... so we went. I originally wanted to order the chicken parmesan but the waitress warn me the chicken was not breaded. Instead, I ordered the Alfredo with angel hair pasta, the BF got a small Meatball spaghetti and I decided to get a small Chicago style pizza for us to try and split. The pasta was not good. My Alfredo was nothing to talk about. It tasted like it came from a jar with no flavor... not impressive. plus it was just warm. Same with the BF meatball spaghetti. They tasted like they could have come from the frozen section of the store. Again not impressed.

Now the pizza, the small was undoubtedly small for 2 people. There were a total of 4 square slices. the flavor was GREAT. the sauce was flavorful and it was piping hot. the topping were fresh and plentiful. There was a very strong garlic taste in the sauce and that was ok with us because we love garlic. The crust was crispy along the bottom of the pizza and up the sides... Not burnt at all. The crust in between was fluffy and light.

I would definitely go back to CJ's for the Chicago pizza (maybe the bread sticks), but nothing else. Note that the restaurant is pretty small and that is is not very conducive for large parties.

Ada O, Owner at CJ's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thanks for your review! I'm so sorry we didn't meet your expectations with our pasta dishes. My husband and I work very hard to make sure everyone leaves our restaurant happy and eager to come back! We make all of our own sauces, dough, meatballs, etc. but we understand that everyone has different tastes and some nights the kitchen can get overwhelmed. It's not an excuse though... we want everyone to have the best possible experience! I'd love to offer you a nice discount on your next meal with us:) My number is 404-395-2147. Call or text me at your convenience and I'll make sure you're taken care of!
Ada

Reviewed 9 July 2017

The property manager of our rental house recommended CJ's for pizza and we were not at all disappointed. The restaurant itself is small but we were fortunate to arrive when not so busy and our party of 9 was easily seated. Our waitress recommended the deep dish noting it was unlike many and was not heavy. We loved the pizza and she was right - not at all heavy - and excellent tomato sauce with generous portions of toppings. We were also pleased that our DIL was able to get a gluten-free pizza and it was tasty as well. We'll be back on our next trip to the island.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

we purchased a large deep dish pizza for carry out. it was burned on one side and had no sauce on most of it. basically paid $17 for cheese bread. don't get what the hype was about. Sal's is a much better pizza w out a doubt.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Cool little italian joint with excellent food and decent prices. The pasta meals come with salad and garlic bread. All the food was delicious but I am not kidding when I say the bread is the best I've ever had. We will definitely return.