“A Very Nice Dinner”
Review of Halyards

Halyards
Reserve with OpenTable
Halyards is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frederica Road
Description: Halyards on St. Simons has been redefining Island Cuisine for 11 popular years. The Island's unrivaled see-and-be-seen dinner spot for locals who know and for coastal visitors who've heard that the Seared Tuna with a Plum Wine Reduction and the Prime N.Y. Strip with Soy Lime Butter will make your evening. That's not to say you should skip the Creamy Blue Crab Bisque or the nightly specials. The atmosphere is casually elegant (coozy lounge furniture in the courtyard and under the awning), the welcome warm (usually by name), the service crisp and attentive, the wine cellar vast (7 Wine Spectator Awards) and the comfortable bar hip and hopping. The menu is the brilliant handiwork of Chef/Owner Dave Snyder that changes nightly and is bold, creative and gloriously rewarding. To be sure you're pleased, Dave roams the front of the house for comments when he's not out fishing for your dinner. As you would expect at a restaurant of Halyards' caliber, reservations are a good idea.
Reviewed 11 February 2015 via mobile

This restaurant has an attractive
and casual atmosphere. The waitress was pleasant and attentive. For us, the menu was somewhat limited in choices. But, we were able to finally choose the Potstickers to share as an appetizer. My husband had a Chicken Special and I had the Gnocchi. For dessert, we shared the Blueberry Pudding. We enjoyed our dinner and plan to return.

Date of visit: February 2015

Reviewed 28 January 2015

My husband and I ate here last Monday night. The inside dining was not as "fancy" and I first thought, which actually was a great thing. The waitress and service was very good. We started with the Blackened Green Tomatoes with Pimento Cheese. I was actually quite disappointed with this dish. There were 4 slices of blackened tomatoes that were SO thin, that I commented to my husband that those 4 put together would equal one regular slice of tomato. Honestly.. They are really making money on this dish. The pimento cheese had so much smoked paprika in it, it totally overpowered the dish. I would NOT recommend this appetizer, no matter how good it sounds on the menu. We next split the Beet salad which was really good. Then we each had a small plate of crab cakes with zucchini fries. This was an amazing dish. We ordered a side of fried brussel sprouts with parmesan. I honestly could have eaten a huge bowl of these little nuggets. They were absolutely incredible. After wines by the glass, our bill was $74. Great dinner, great evening. (Avoid the blackened tomatoes)

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 12 January 2015

One of the best places on the island for dinner.Manages to be both relaxed and upscale at the same time. Extremely good food, served professionally by people who can give you all the inside info on the island.

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 1 January 2015

So sorry to give Halyards a bad review after having enjoyed dining there in the past. Obviously something has changed in their kitchen.G
We were seated promptly for our New Years Eve reservation and were greeted by a polite server. The cocktails and appetizers were excellent. The problems began with the main course. Two had ordered filets which arrived cold, one had ordered salmon which was cold as well. All were returned, in fact the salmon dinner was returned twice and the third was also cold and tasteless , therefore it was not eaten. The rice served with the salmon dinner was cold and pasty. So disappointing! The manager came out to apologize and offered to comp us the for the wine we had ordered. This gesture was appreciated, but I feel this ordeal on New Years, we should have been comped a bit more.
Sadly we will not be back next New Years.

Date of visit: December 2014
5  Thank Georgia924
Reviewed 31 December 2014

We go to Halyards every time we visit this part of Georgia. The service is great and the food is never a disappointment. The Blue Crab Bisque - yes - add sherry is a personal favorite. My son loves the Pot Stickers and my sister adores the Shrimp Tacos. Salads are great. It's all pretty fabulous including the chef's specials. They do a wonderful job of sourcing local ingredients too, especially seafood. It's always a much anticipated part of our visit.

Date of visit: December 2014