All reviews waffle house parking lot would stay here again great room stayed here for one night verizon amphitheater nice stay business trip derrick desk alpharetta sofa
Reviewed 6 July 2018

So maybe it's the "run-down" effect in part....but, from the parking to the room, this property and stay was neither welcoming nor pleasant. I.E. Not greeted as a Platinum elite, did not recognize the advance payment, did not look ahead at the room preferences, the (1st) set of magnetic keys did not work and it was insinuated that I did not know how to use the key card (REALLY??? :/ ) When I entered the room it was evident that it had been smoke-treated, although a no-smoking hotel (?)- but I wasn't about to bring it up to the seemingly complacent staff. Several other annoying "little-things", but, overall, and certainly, I do not recommend this property. Overheard the guest before me complaining as she left....At least SHE got "extra points".

Room tip: go to one of the 2 other properties next door
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ATLAA1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta-Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your feedback! I apologize for your inconvenience. We would love to have you back to experience our newly renovated hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a good and convenient location but is old and out of date and ruin down. The hotel staff parks on the handicap spaces which is not ethical and unacceptable, but I guess it’s acceptable if management parks there like the engineering manager does in his two door fancy car.

However, the hotel is under renovation but the website fails to alert guests booking a room which can lead to problems. The first room I was checked into wasn’t clean so I was moved only to find insects crawling in the bathroom and on the linen in the next room. I must say the second room was much nicer and refreshed than the first room. Also, bathroom had dirty towels left in their. Hotel clerk came to retrieve items but management could care less.

One last thing it’s unprofessional to have the front desk clerk in the afternoon shift and the assistant general manager wear ear phones while assisting guests. That’s gives impression that guests aren’t as important as those ear phones hanging around the persons neck.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Our Tour Group stayed at this Holiday Inn Express recently and I must say, it was a very nice stay. All the staff we dealt with were very friendly and eager to please. A nice way to start your stay.

First, the room we had was quite spacious and included a sofa, desk, kitchenette and seating table - plus plenty of room around the sink/bathroom area. Oh, the beds were quite soft, but perhaps a wee bit too soft. None the less the whole room was a wonderful change from the cramped rooms my wife and I have stayed in before.

Oh, but then came the Breakfast (included). So many good choices. Fresh, hot coffee, Fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, bagels, fruit juice, and pancakes.

Now I’m a fan of those “flip waffles”, but I had not ever seen the automatic pancake maker. I didn’t find it until after I’d eaten, but they say the pancakes are quite good. On the whole, they had a wonderful selection of breakfast choices. Do not pass it up if you can.

Almost forgot about the the towels. They had signs up saying that they encourage folks to reuse your towels during your stay - instead of automatically replacing them. This is encouraging, and good for the environment. Of course, you are welcome to toss your towel on the floor if you need a new one the next day, no problem.

On the whole, we had a pleasing stay - good rooms, good breakfast, good staff. Well worth your consideration if you’re trying to pick a place to stay on your way through this area.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback! We would love to have you back to experience our newly renovated hotel.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel is nice and clean. Very close to mall and entertainment. Waffle House shares a parking lot so you have access to food 24/7. Hotel staff was nice and check in was easy. Construction is currently happeninf at hotel but it did not bother us at all.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Good points:
Beautiful tree outside my window.
Helpful desk staff
Clean room.
Hotel in walkable neighborhood with sidewalks.

Not so good:
Ugly abstract art work
Breakfast options are limited
Poor lighting in rooms and badly positioned outlets
Tread mill in gym not working

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta-Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Hi name8150,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate the view and the cleanliness of your room as well as the staff service. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our hotel design, room lighting, and breakfast options among the others. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a completely great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,