See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

We evacuated here from Savannah during Hurricane Matthew. It was the only place that had space and accepted pets. It's nothing to write home about but I was blown away by the service. The front desk workers and housekeeping went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable during our stay. They offer a small breakfast for free, have a playground for kiddos, and have washers and dryers. The beds were comfortable and they have plenty of tv channels.

We had some drainage problems with our sink and the shower had very little pressure, but that could have been caused by the hurricane. If I could offer any suggestions, I would suggest that they put a little bit of love into the rooms. Maybe better towels? New shower heads? For what we paid I honestly can't complain. We've enjoyed our stay but probably won't be back. If you need a cheap place to lay your head for the night, The Patriot Inn is perfect.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank abbymccuen
Reviewed 30 March 2015 via mobile

This place is a dump and they had the nerve to charge $60 per room. I stayed at this hotel with family visiting the Statesboro area. All of the hotels in the area were booked for some sporting event at the university that weekend. Trust me this was a last resort since we arrived in the wee hours of the morning and made no prior reservations at other hotels. The outer building had paint peeling from the ceiling and old air conditioners and rugs sitting in the stair walkways. The doors had keys that barely worked and didn't seem secure. The swimming pool that they advertise didn't seem like it had been maintained in 50 years. I went to take a bath and all the wash cloths and towels were black and dirty. The tub and toilet had a ring around it. The sink faucet barely produced any water and was hard to turn on or off. The mattresses and floor rug were stained and dirty. While leaving that day I noticed a female housekeeper smoking a cigarette in the rooms while cleaning. I would not advise a recommend this place to anyone. This place is not suitable for human or dogs.

Stayed: March 2015
4  Thank ConsumerPolice
si_buni, Manager at The Patriot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2015

I are very sorry that your experience here was unpleasant. Let me assure you that we do try to make every stay here a good one, but since we are not a new property, and we have to rely on a small staff and limited budget, sometimes we fall short. I apologize for the state of your room, and we will try to make sure no one else that stays here has to deal with the issues you encountered.

In an effort to improve and keep our customers happy and comfortable, we have recently replaced all of our mattresses, painted our rooms, replaced the worn out liner in the pool, and are in the process of more updates and repairs.

As always, our staff remains friendly and helpful, and focused on providing the best customer service possible.

Reviewed 3 November 2014

Just off Interstate 16 exit 116 just 12 miles south of Statesboro, Ga. It has micro-fridge in every room and a king size bed in the room. If you need gas while in the area go to Statesboro and you can save a few cents on every gallon

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JC0l

We very much appreciate your stay at our hotel, and we appreciate that you took the time to write a review as well. We do our best to provide clean and comfortable rooms, and hope that all our guests are satisfied with our service.

Reviewed 14 September 2014 via mobile

We ended up staying here after a storm got too bad to continue driving, so didn't have a choice.
Rooms are basic (no coffee making facilities) and no bar or restaurant but our room came with a refrigerator and microwave.
A comfortable kingsize bed and very friendly staff - just right after a long road trip.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darren B

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here. We are glad that we could provide a safe and dry place to get out of the storm, and we are pleased that you found the room comfortable and the staff friendly. Our goal is to make every stay at our hotel an enjoyable experience by giving the best customer service we can, and by providing clean, affordable rooms.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The staff was so friendly I hate to post these pictures but the roaches were unreal. It is a nice quiet small town hotel with excellent hospitality. The air was cold on a hot summer day. Thie name of the place was Patroit Inn instead of Scottish Inn but it is the same motel. The pool area and grounds were very nicely kept. I loved this place ......but the ROACHES WERE GROSS!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank zntenn
si_buni, General Manager at The Patriot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

We are very sorry that your stay here was not a good experience. We try very hard to keep our rooms clean and comfortable and to make everyone's stay the very best we can. I can assure you ( and everyone else) this problem is being addressed and that it will be resolved as quickly as possible. We hope if you are back in this area you will give us the chance to prove our commitment to doing all we can to keep our customers happy and coming back to stay with us.

As noted, we are now The Patriot Inn. We would like to thank all our past, current and future customers for their support, and we will always welcome their comments and suggestions.