“Bland, tasteless Mexican food on a buffet--go somewhere else”

El Potro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 131 Restaurants in Pooler
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I tried out this place as I just moved to the area and am trying out various restaurants. This was a huge disappointment. The food was bland and tasteless. I ate the lunch buffet and am a general believer that even average food becomes better when it is all you can eat but that was not the case here. Go somewhere else. This is not worth your time, money, or tastebuds.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We stumbled on this unpreposessing place while staying at the La Quinta Inn, a 5-minute walk away. Excellent, authentic Mexican food served cheerfully and at moderate prices; what a treat, among the Burger Kings and KFCs! I only wish they had one in our hometown, we'd be regulars for sure!

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Are you ready for a great Tex Mex buffet for a Friday or Saturday night? Well POOLER Ga, only 20 minutes from Savannah is the bomb. Priced reasonable and food prepared with such great flavor and variety that I have to eat here at least 1 day a week for lunch and 1 day a week for dinner. My friend went back multiple times in one week alone. The clincher was the best Flan I have ever put in my mouth. When I ordered it" this is extra at only $3.50" I nearly lost my mind. Perfect texture and flavor... WOW! Best description possible! Decor is a little shabby but clean. Crew is friendly and they come by to check on you. What more can you ask for?

Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

We found this restaurant on travel advisor. The parking lot was already crowded at 6:30 on a Friday night. Half the patrons in the restaurant spoke Spanish which I consider to be a great omen. The Frijoles, pico de gallo & guacamole.... it was all excellent. We have the buffet reasonably priced at $10 I would highly recommend this as one of your stops.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

I have been to El Potro many times over the past ten years and always delivers excellent and low price Mexican food.