“Please Call Ahead....”

Butts Mill Farm
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 17 October 2016

While the website showed the Farm to be open, it clearly was not.
We drove all the way out in the country only to find it closed.

2  Thank JuJuTN

Reviewed 28 August 2016

This place is great for little kids ages 1 - 12. There are several themed playgrounds, pony rides, and pedal cars. They didn't have much for teenagers and adults. Putt-putt golf, basketball, and chess game with large pieces were the only things I saw for teenagers and adults.

Oh and please don't look for a sandy beach! There's a creek with slippery rocks and filthy sand with limbs, leaves and debris but that's it. The children had planned to swim but not in that water! It was unsafe to walk in the water for fear of slipping on the rocks. One highlight of the day was the swings. Kudos to whoever thought of hanging swings from the bridge that crossed the creek! This was a great idea!

As I looked around, I noticed that the grounds and property were not well maintained. Grass and weeds near the creek needed cutting. Horseback riding wasn't available because the trail needed repairs. Playground furniture was very dusty. Several cartoon themed playrooms were dirty and unorganized. After looking in the rooms, I felt that maybe the doors should have been locked if we weren't suppose to use them.

Oh and please let me tell you about the hayride! It was a joke. We rode down the hill and turned around in the parking lot. It would have been nice to ride around in the pasture and around the lake. However, I was very appreciative of the driver for driving slow due to elderly people on the hayride.

Later, I was very disappointed that there was no one available to transport the elderly to different areas of the park. We asked and the reply was "no, they only used the golf cart to transport people to their cars." I would have appreciated an answer such as "Yes ma'am, I sure will when I'm done transporting this lady to her car." It's funny how when it was one hour before closing time, the lady drove down to the creek and asked if we wanted a ride to our cars but earlier she wouldn’t transport the elderly to the creek area. I really felt like they were rushing us to leave. I asked the golf cart driver what time did they close and she said 6:00 pm. Then, I asked what time it was and she said it was 5:00 pm. I would definitely rate the customer service as below average. The entire day all we heard about was how tired the employees were from working at a wedding that was at the property the day before. I felt that we were paying customers and deserved the same hospitality that the wedding party received at their event.

4  Thank UnSaTiSfIeDYES
Reviewed 23 August 2016

After visiting the Wild Animal Safari we decided to visit Butts Mill Farm and are we ever happy we did.....we spent a most delightful afternoon here...the whole property is just beautiful and full of fun surprising things to do....the lady who sold us the ticket was so pleasant - she went out of her way to make our day great.....My grandchildren did just about everything they have - trampolines, go carts, miniature golf, hay ride, walking, giant checkers....so many spots take great vacation photos! Then the lady mentioned above suggested the swing over the creek....she even took us down! that was so much fun......they are these big swings over a creek that you can dangle your feet in....rocks are slippery! Then we happened to meet the owner who was so friendly (and hard working!!) we had a long chat with him-which made our day even more special.....this is a special place and we were able to make memories to last a lifetime!

1  Thank christmas152
Reviewed 20 May 2016

My husband and I went here while on our honeymoon. We had a horse ride up the mountain and back down. It was very enjoyable and reasonably priced.

2  Thank short040116
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

My wife and I saw this place online and thought it would be a cool side trip. We got there at 4 and they closed at 6 no issues. We were the only ones there to wander around. It was a Monday after spring break so we weren't surprised it was slow. They have countless places to set down and relax and watch your kids play. They have several kids playground play sets all over the property. The staff was super cool and friendly asking if we needed anything or had any questions. One awesome this was my wife asked if they could run the small train for our daughter to ride. The guy said no problem he would be happy to. I felt bad that being the only ones there and asking to run trains for one child was akward. They were more than happy to!!!! Turns out our daughter didn't feel like riding and they asked if she wanted to ride a pony or ride something else. AWESOME!!! Lastly we saw swings suspended just above the rapids under a bridge. So cool!! Picture of it posted. You can swim here I'm sure. Great place to visit with the family or large groups of people.

2  Thank XxPelottexX