“Beautiful location, awesome bedding”

The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Pine Mountain
Reviewed 23 July 2017

First visit to Callaway..beautiful room with a balcony..had breakfast included in the price..incredible breakfast buffet..dinner in the Ironwood lounge is cozy, classy and the service is awesome. Get the lamb chops and the prime rib..Finish it off with a chocolate creme brulee! Then, go see an amazing acrobatic performance and hear some free music down by the beach..The pool and poolside drinks and food are scrumptious..so many things to do..would have tried the Zipline but had a strained muscle..Service everywhere is first class. The bedding was so luxurious. A toss up between staying in bed and getting out to do so many fun things!

Room Tip: Woodland view quiet
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karin G
CallawayGardens1, Manager at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Karin G,

Perhaps you will have to book another stay just for some R&R! (You should also come back when your muscle has healed to try out the Treetop Adventure)!

There are newer reviews for The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We had never been to Callaway Gardens and purchased the Savor the Summer package, staying 2 nights at the Lodge this past weekend. We absolutely loved the Lodge. It was luxurious, beautifully decorated and furnished. Our room was great. A huge TV, balcony with a woodland view, comfortable bed, and was very clean. The breakfast buffet in the Piedmont Dining room was fantastic, with an omelet and pancake station and a great variety of fresh fruit. Just delicious. We had cocktails in the Ironwood Lounge both nights, and dinner there one night. The same gentleman served us both nights and he was truly a credit to your facility. If I had one negative comment to make about the outdoor wood furniture at the lodge was that it all seemed very much in need refinishing, as one could get splinters from sitting on it the wrong way; but just a minor quibble. We very much enjoyed the Butterfly Center, the Discovery Center, the Birds of Prey show, and the many walking trails. All in all, it made for a relaxing getaway at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jwawker
CallawayGardens1, Manager at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Jwawker,

Thank you for your detailed and glowing feedback. Our team members are truly the superstars of Callaway Gardens. We are so pleased you had such a great experience with Malcolm in the Ironwood Lounge and will be sure to pass your compliments along. We hope to see you soon for another getaway!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Calloway has stepped up their game!!
The newly renovated Lodge and Spa are really world class! New rooms, a beautiful spa, and it looks like the renovations are not done yet!! With the removal of the tree's impairing the views of the lake and the views of the Lodge from the Lake, the team left enough tree's to preserve the beauty of the location! You can see the beauty of the Lodge now from high above in the State Park even, more than 5 miles away!!
In addition to the newly paved 7 miles of bike trails, thousands of acres of gardens, 36 holes of really beautiful golf right now, Calloway is the summer Home to the Florida State University Flying High Circus!! Awesome family fun!!
Calloway Gardens is not tired anymore!!!
I cannot wait to return next year and see what the new improvements have to bring, and I might have to slide up early in the Fall for some Golf/Spa and football watching, but in the mean time, what a treat!!,,

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BlondeSeminole

Dear BlondeSeminole,

We love your excitement and look forward to hosting you again soon! You have definitely seen our "vision" and appreciate it. We do hope you will come in the Fall to see how much more we have created to share with you!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I booked The Cypress package for my 16 year old daughter and I. Their website clearly states that anyone under 18, must be with a guardian at all times. We arrived at our appointment 45 min early. The receptionist (Taylor) never mentioned that our package had changed. I was called back first, I got to the room and then asked why my daughter and I were not going to be together. She told me a therapist had an emergency and that we would have to go separate. I was very upset. Bridgette told me our 2 hour appointment will now be 4 hours. I was more upset as I did not want to spend 4 hours at the spa. She said she would see what she could do. She came back in and said another employee was called in to come early and the appointment would not be 3 hours. Sucks starting out your massage angry.

I wish I had been told before we went back that our appointment would not be together. I could have made decisions about how our experience would be. I had wanted to have that time and experience with my daughter. My options were to get upset and leave which is what I wanted to do, but I did not want to upset my daughter.

Very disappointed with the spa's customer service. The actual services were great. The spa needs a little updating....towels, decor, furniture in the quiet area...but overall it's ok.

It's pricey and I expect top notch service and did not get that. Not sure that I will ever return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy R

Dear Amy R,

I have spoken with our Spa Manager and she has filled me in on the details of your unfortunate experience. She would like to offer you a chance to bring your daughter back and experience the Spa the way it should have been the first time. Please contact her directly at blewis@callawaygardens.com and she will be more than happy to take care of you in true Callaway Gardens fashion.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Lodge and Spa and was pleasantly surprised with the upgrades and the fresh look. We want to thank Patrick Flora who works there he is awesome, he's an easy person who worked hard to make our trip a very pleasant experience. I've been going to Callaway since I was 11 and now get to share this magical place with my wife and kids. Kudos to Callaway and Patrick. Great job.

Randy

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rgeiereec

Dear Randy,

Thank you for the great review and kind compliments. We will be sure to share those with Patrick and his supervisor!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pine Mountain
24.6 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 10 in LaGrange

Been to The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens? Share your experiences!