The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Resort & Gardens
US$178
US$157
Garden Inn & Suites(Pine Mountain)
US$73
US$68
White Columns Motel(Pine Mountain)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$79
Mountain Top Inn and Resort(Warm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hotwire.com
US$165
US$160
Agoda.com
US$136
US$133
Priceline
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange(LaGrange)(Great Value!)
US$92
RodewayInn
US$113
US$108
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom serviceironwood loungewalk in showerseparate showerfourth floorbreakfast buffetsoaking tubbody washheated poolhotel restaurantgrounds are beautifulbusiness conferenceget awaysteam roomsmall balconyshrimp and gritsgreat weekend
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Callaway was in the midst of a significant reconstruction during our stay which was in the recently renovated Lodge and Spa. They were in the process of adding a private beach area near the pool area which was lovely in its own right. Although I knew the azaleas had gone by, there didn't seem to be much in bloom, at least compared to what I remembered from previous visits. It is still a serene and relaxing place and I love listening to the cacophony of different birds. Our room was very nice but our bathroom was great, featuring a separate stone tiled shower and bathtub. The Lodge is designed in Craftsman accents with rustic stone, wood and iron accents. Staff were nice although most of the dining venues were either booked or closed while we were there. The Ironwood Bar has a surprisingly ambitious menu, cordial staff, and is highly recommended. Our favorite activity by far was fishing, early morning, on the lake. Very easy, incredibly picturesque, and highly memorable.

1  Thank petrus1966
Reviewed 24 May 2017

For this trip, there were 4 of us aged 57 to 87. It was difficult getting information about the Fantasy in Lights event which is their Christmas light show. First we made a reservation in the Mountain INN at Callaway Gardens. The more I looked into it, I decided it would be worth the $$$ difference to stay at the Lodge which is in the gardens property. It was very nice. Our package included a huge breakfast buffet each morning and the Fantasy In Lights tour each night. We stayed 2 nights. We did the Fantasy In Lights tour the first night we were there. They were very well organized. A shuttle picked us up at the Lodge and dropped us off at the Main tent. My father cannot walk distances and it turned out that there was long walk through the venue to catch the tram for the light tour. They had golf cart service that was readily available and necessary for someone like my father. Thank goodness. It was a cool night and the tram is open air. The ride was long enough. The light show did not compare to others that we have much closer to home. It was kind of disappointing. All of the service people were excellent though and very helpful. This was also a weeknight tram ride. I imagine it gets much busier on weekends. You can drive your vehicle through the event but I don't know how this works. I saw a line of cars but only saw trams on the tour route. Like I said, our Lodge package included Fantasy in Lights both nights..... we did not attend this the 2nd night.

Our room was very nice and comfortable. We had a woods view. The bar was cozy and comfortable with a nice fireplace. We had drinks there the first night and dinner in there the 2nd night. Breakfast was very good both days. My husband left his phone at the table and when we went to look for it, someone had turned it into the front desk (thank you).

We spent our day in the Gardens. Being December there was not much growing which is understandable. We were able to see the birds of prey show (very good), the chapel (very beautiful) and the butterfly house. We drove around the whole garden route. It was a nice drive.

My only complaint was at the Lodge our 2nd morning. There had been some Holiday parties going on and someone must have slept in an elevator as there was a sheet on the floor. There was also some greenery destroyed and spread all over the elevators and lobby floor. When this was pointed out to hotel staff, no one seemed to be in any hurry to clean it up even though there was someone vacuuming in another part of the lobby area. I'm glad it was JUST a sheet and greenery spread about.......!

Not sure that we'll be back, but mainly because it was a 7 hour drive from home. Our main objective was to see the lights, and that has been done! I do think the Lodge was a better choice over the INN. And the summer would provide a completely different experience I'm sure.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy A
CallawayGardens1, Manager at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Resort & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your sentiments regarding your Fantasy In Lights visit with us. We do appreciate receiving guest reviews of all types, both good and challenging. Our mission is for each and every guest to leave Callaway Gardens with wonderful memories of your trip.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the accommodations and got the full Lodge experience during your visit. The Jolley Trolley is the only way to see Fantasy In Lights (although you can drive your own vehicle if you wish)! It really sets the stage for the show.

I do see that there were some challenges with sheets in the elevator and greenery in disrepair. I apologize that you didn't feel our team addressed these issues in an expedient manner.

It is our desire that you would return during our Summer months to experience the rest of Callaway Gardens and all we have to offer.

Regards,

Cherise Romney
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Truly a peaceful place to enjoy. Gardens were beautiful, bike path was enjoyable, staff was outstanding. Lodge: clean, friendly staff. Gardens Restaurant: SUPPRRB: friend green tomato, sea bass, ribeye all excellent choices.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa W
CallawayGardens1, Manager at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Resort & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Teresa W,

It looks like you had a wonderful visit with us. Chef Jay and the team at the Gardens Restaurant always do an impeccable job with the cuisine and the service. I will make sure to share your kind compliments about our hospitality team with everyone. Thank you for the five stars and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

My family of 4 really enjoyed our stay at the Lodge and Spa. They spacious, comfortable, and clean. We all enjoyed the balcony overlooking the lake. The hotel is decorated very nice and the staff was very friendly. The TV in the room was large and the wifi worked great. The option to order room service was nice too. We dined at the Piedmont restaurant each morning for breakfast and it was delicious. We didn't utilize the spa services, but they appear to be really nice. Will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TheDurhams
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the lodge and spa. We had a lake view room on the first floor. I like the new decor but I liked the old decor better, it was warmer and more typical of a lodge. Also, I was disappointed by the clearing of the trees around the pool area. On a positive note, the staff was very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed two meals at the Piedmont Grill. Loved the spa products in the shower!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Melcha
CallawayGardens1, Manager at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Resort & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear Melcha,

Thank you for you comments regarding our new look. We do understand that everyone has a different vision of Callaway Gardens, but are pleased that you were open to experience our updated version. We do have plans for landscaping around the pool to make it more pleasing to the eye.

We are so pleased that above all you had positive interactions with our hospitality team. They are the true faces of Callaway Gardens, and we believe that we have the best team around.

We look forward to creating more memorable moments with you and your family!