See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2016

I booked this motel based on a friend's past experience during a dog show. I used Booking.com as I was searching on their site. I advised that I would be staying with a
23 lb. crate-trained show dog and requested a ground floor room.

Upon check-in I was greeted by Amy who was friendly and efficient and advised me that my ground floor room had been assigned. There was some confusion about the pet fee, which was quickly resolved.

The room was spacious. Table and 2 chairs, King bed, Mini-fridge (with a freezer section that works!!! Yes I got to have ice-cream.) There is flat screen TV, work desk and chair with a lamp, dresser with drawers, ironing board in closet area (iron on request). There is no coffee maker in the room, nor tissues. There are provided soap and shampoo packets. I always travel with my own.

My first night was a little warm. The noisy AC unit blew all night but it was just a fan - no cold air. Fortunately it was not during a hot time weather-wise. In the morning I met Danny Patel who owns the Inn and expressed my concerns regarding the air. Before I even pulled out of the lot to go to the show he was in the room. Upon my return I learned that he had replaced the unit with a new one (which works great). In all my years of travel I have never had such a quick fix - thanks Danny. The new unit was sooooo quiet and shut off when the set temperature was reached.

There is a seasonal pool, large parking lot (well lit) shared with the Motel 6 (also same ownership). The most advantageous outdoor asset for dog owners is the huge field behind. Perfect for exercising one's dog. And PLEASE dog folks - pick up that stuff!
On the topic of dogs - the owners are new and making changes. Every transition requires adjustment - if you stayed here before, please don't assume the policy is the same - contact the hotel directly. If you are coming to a dog show let them know. I believe that some accommodation is made in the case of such an event.

There is a breakfast served that is continental. Coffee, juice, cereal, pastry. Remember you have a microwave in your room if you want more and there are grocery options within walking distance. Ice machine and vending, along with laundry facilities.

The location is great. Walking distance 24hr Walmart, other grocery, fast food, Longhorn steakhouse. Minutes from the National Fairgrounds (one exit).

Ok folks. I have read all of the negative reviews (all under previous management). I tire of hearing about towels and sheets and smells. Most budget hotels have towels less luxurious than home. If you are so fussy bring some. Pillows - well, everyone has a preference and I bet most of you bought your flat home pillows at Walmart. I had no problem with my sheets. I will say the bed was soft for my taste but not uncomfortable. I have an expensive bed at home. If a Motel had that bed in every room the rate would be 200.00 or more per night. Breakfast complaints? Walk to Walmart the night before, get frozen breakfasts that will fit in your lil freezer section and have Jimmy Deans in the a.m.
You want a good price in a hotel that takes your 4 legged pal, you have to give up some Hilton perks. This is a good value for a safe, friendly stay. Be positive about the good things.

Having said all of that. I will offer a few suggestions to the new owners (who are very hospitable)...a hand towel hook by the sink would be helpful, if fiscally possible get rid of the carpet - many pet friendly motels are doing it. You would be surprised how people (especially dog people) like the wood laminate floors. I even travel with a mop so I can clean up if I have to take my dog out in the wet.

I so enjoyed my stay that I have booked another 6 nights with Danny and his crew. Wish us luck at the shows!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Spike_Delt
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Because we has a small dog. (10 lbs.) they would not give us a normal room, but charged extra for the dog. The room smelled like an old dog kennel, refrigerator made loud noises, and two lights did not work. I had just driven 15 hours and was exhausted. Tried to sleep, but the smell kept me awake. Left after 5 hours and will never stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

Breakfast what a joke GALLON OF MILK CEREAL HONEY BUNS that's what they call a full breakfast stay somewhere else please oh the toilet for a child sheets dingy pillows terrible no coffee in the room the smell was awful. No fitted sheets overall ratings a big fat 0

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ardean A
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Staff was nice. At first sight not too bad. Can tell it has had walls painted and maybe a newer comforter on bed than in picture on line. After walking in door, heavy smell of smoke or cleaning fluid filled air in our room. Called desk to ask if this non smoking. Yes it was non smoking. As I hung up clothes in closet area, found cigarette ON FLOOR. Nice Lady at desk was apologetic and said she had spray but didn't solve the issue. Left next morning for all day adventure and when we got back it just seemed worse. So trip to Walmart to find tiny candles and spray. Should have bought sheet sheet, pillows and towels while I was there. So if you stay here bring your own. Can't wait to get home!

It's not worth what you pay to stay here. No coffee pot in room. Rather have that than microwave! Just stay somewhere else. Miserable experience in Perry GA.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank judygary30619
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Clean roomy rooms, property was clean, staff was great, only thing to complain about are that the sheets don't stay on the beds and pillows sucked. So bring your own pillow. Price fits any budget, which was the reason w picked this one the first time we stayed here. Other big plus is that it's pet friendly.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends