“Nice staff”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Langston House Restaurant
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

I ordered room service & it was delivered by two very nice gentlemen. They were very courteous & accommodating. I didn't receive a steak knife to cut my steak but I take one everywhere I go so I was okay. The food was presented nicely. I do think they did a little overkill with extra plates especially since the trays had to be carried across a parking lot. The food was fine but nothing that I would go out of my way to eat again.

Date of visit: April 2013

Reviewed 4 March 2013

The hours are not posted on the restaurant, so if you are staying as a guest at Henderson Village you just might miss breakfast as they stop serving at 9:00 a.m. The service we experienced at dinner and again at breakfast was terrible, and while the food was good it was really average not so awe-inspiring that poor service could be overlooked. It's a shame -- the restaurant itself is very charming and beautifully decorated to the period they are trying to reflect, but their prices are too high for what you get in food choices, food quality, and service.

Date of visit: March 2013
1  Thank Lesley G
Reviewed 22 February 2013

In consideration of the cabin we stayed which was mixed with rodents and poor maintenance and poor service, we did eat that evening at the restaurant there was only one other couple in there at the time, my husband ordered steak and I ordered a salad and grilled shrimp. we had been told many times how extraordinary there chef was. The steak was good but my salad was very small for the price tag and the 5 shrimp were not flavorful. desert was good. all and all the meal was ok but way too pricey for the quality $75.00. since this is a B&B breakfast was bland now you could order from there menu but again very pricey. I wont be back because of the stay and very poor service.

Date of visit: February 2013
1  Thank Jane T
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Excellent meals. Pork chop and blackened shrimp meals. Somewhat pricey for central Georgia. Small quanities compared to chain resturants. We enjoyed it as a couple but I was glad I was not buying for a big family.

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Langston House at Henderson Village is off the beaten path, but well worth the drive. This is my favorite place for a special dinner. Food is upscale, but not pretentious and well worth the cost. Dinner for two with a couple of cocktails and the tip is usually easily $100 -- but we don't mind because the food, service, and atmosphere is so special. The restaurant is in an old house with a lovely view of the gardens and other restored buildings in Henderson Village. Definitely THE place to go for a romantic dinner!

Date of visit: November 2011