All reviewswet barlarge tvshopping and restaurantsfree breakfastnice hotelsitting areaspacious roomthe breakfast areagreat roomgreat place to stayhot breakfastnice stayenjoyed my stayatlantasofadeskforum
Reviewed 14 July 2010

This was a nice hotel....Hyatt Place hotels are always nice. The room was nice. Unfortunately even though I put "do not disturb" sign up, it didn't stop the rug cleaning guy who didn't notice it and at 9:15am decided to put the machine right outside our door. Not the hotels fault I guess.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2010

This is the best hotel to stay in if you are on a budget and would like to stay at the best hotel. I was surprised when I received a rate that beat the rate of my other home in Norcross. After receiving a great deal with them and my other home would not go down on their prices, eveyweekend Hyatt became my home. The price is great, the rooms are wonderful, I wish I could take the TV with me, the staff is awesome, and the breakfast was great. I would stay again which I have for every weekend since December 2009.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2009

The rooms at Hyatt Place are unconventional, but very nice. Comfortable queen bed, HUGE widescreen television, hookups for computer, small kitchen, wrap-around sofa, and workstation. The TV could be swayed along a wall-hinge, but was difficult to see from the bed.

The hallways are very narrow, dank, loud, and have a funky smell. The elevators are slow and creaky.

The lobby is confusing -- nooks and crannies with lots of sofas. Registration desk was just inside the door, but was difficult to find, because there was a food display case there...I thought that it was a snack bar. Staff was not very friendly. The hotel does offer an electronic check-in, but that was out of order. The in-room checkout was also out of order. A large teenage church group was there at the same time, so we had to go downstairs to check out and wait a few minutes for the group to check out, which was inconvenient.

The location is not very convenient if you plan on doing "touristy" things in Atlanta. It is way out in the northern suburbs in a business park about 20-30 minutes from downtown.

Continental breakfast was okay: standard fare of bagels, cereal, muffins, etc... There is a snack bar in the lobby with some bigger options that are for sale. Dining room is very small, meaning you might have to take your food back to the room or eat on one of the sofas in the lobby.

But again, the rooms are spectacular.

All things considered, I enjoyed my stay ... and with a great internet rate, it was well worth what I paid.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zpb52
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I stayed last week of May for a week. Avoid the first floor. All rooms have dank musty odor. But rooms on first floor has drainage flies.
Although hotel is nicely decorated, 42" flat screen, and friendly staff -- I didn't get that comfy cozy feeling. The flies were aggravating. One tried crawling up my nose, but I woke up in time to smash in the sheets. I complained. The staff tried to accommodate me by moving me to poolside room. But that room had long Earth worm crawling in floor near bathroom. JUST FILTHY! I checked out and went to Wingate around the corner on P'tree Industrial. Its more clean, fresh, newer hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank TripQueen72
Reviewed 25 May 2009

This hotel is a newly redesigned Hyatt Place, with the large flat-screen TV's and free wireless access throughout the hotel. The lobby is really nice, and we used it for many social things throughout our stay.

The breakfast is a solid B-, not having much of anything warm to eat. It's a true continental breakfast, with cereal and fruit being the only two things to eat. Be sure to bring your own drinks, because to purchase a 20 oz. drink at the front desk was $2.75!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business