“Rooms very nice”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 28 September 2009

The rooms at Hyatt Place are unconventional, but very nice. Comfortable queen bed, HUGE widescreen television, hookups for computer, small kitchen, wrap-around sofa, and workstation. The TV could be swayed along a wall-hinge, but was difficult to see from the bed.

The hallways are very narrow, dank, loud, and have a funky smell. The elevators are slow and creaky.

The lobby is confusing -- nooks and crannies with lots of sofas. Registration desk was just inside the door, but was difficult to find, because there was a food display case there...I thought that it was a snack bar. Staff was not very friendly. The hotel does offer an electronic check-in, but that was out of order. The in-room checkout was also out of order. A large teenage church group was there at the same time, so we had to go downstairs to check out and wait a few minutes for the group to check out, which was inconvenient.

The location is not very convenient if you plan on doing "touristy" things in Atlanta. It is way out in the northern suburbs in a business park about 20-30 minutes from downtown.

Continental breakfast was okay: standard fare of bagels, cereal, muffins, etc... There is a snack bar in the lobby with some bigger options that are for sale. Dining room is very small, meaning you might have to take your food back to the room or eat on one of the sofas in the lobby.

But again, the rooms are spectacular.

All things considered, I enjoyed my stay ... and with a great internet rate, it was well worth what I paid.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zpb52

Reviewed 6 June 2009

I stayed last week of May for a week. Avoid the first floor. All rooms have dank musty odor. But rooms on first floor has drainage flies.
Although hotel is nicely decorated, 42" flat screen, and friendly staff -- I didn't get that comfy cozy feeling. The flies were aggravating. One tried crawling up my nose, but I woke up in time to smash in the sheets. I complained. The staff tried to accommodate me by moving me to poolside room. But that room had long Earth worm crawling in floor near bathroom. JUST FILTHY! I checked out and went to Wingate around the corner on P'tree Industrial. Its more clean, fresh, newer hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank TripQueen72
Reviewed 25 May 2009

This hotel is a newly redesigned Hyatt Place, with the large flat-screen TV's and free wireless access throughout the hotel. The lobby is really nice, and we used it for many social things throughout our stay.

The breakfast is a solid B-, not having much of anything warm to eat. It's a true continental breakfast, with cereal and fruit being the only two things to eat. Be sure to bring your own drinks, because to purchase a 20 oz. drink at the front desk was $2.75!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I had to stay here for a business trip, and the entire stay was prepaid by my company. I checked out as usual, paid for my two miserable meals from the Gallery (more like Galley slaves) and left. Two days later I went to go pay my mortgage and saw that I had no money in my bank about because this hotel had charged me. For someone else's room. For someone else's very expensive room. It took me over an hour on the phone to get someone on the phone who could even pull up my record, and then they refused to reverse the charge. I got my bank and their manager and the regional chain manager on the phone, and they finally agreed to reverse the charges immediately, and that was all I got. No apology, no refund, nothing. Just huge inconvenience and lots of practice not losing my temper on the phone. My bank was a great help, the regional manager seemed ashamed and was very concerned that I should realize that Hyatt Place was not Hyatt, and that their crappiness should not affect my persception of the true Hyatt name. The Hyatt Place manager was a surly jerk who didn't care about how stupid he looked, how incompetent he was, or how much business he was going to lose. The regional manager didn't use the word 'crappiness' but I'm pretty sure she was thinking it.

Hyatt Place hotels (motels) have no room service, you have to get your own food and the one in Norcross has no extra blankets (unless that guy who's room they charged me for took them all). The phone didn't work at first, the free internet requires you to reregister every day and their firewall is complete crap. The decor is nice, but the sofa was too low to sit on comfortably while eating and the nonadjustable desk chair was too low to work at the desk comfortably. Maybe they only want giants at their hotels. Giants who don't check their bank statements.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank nusato
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I'm not sure if this hotel has been remodeled in the last few months, but it definitely does NOT need attention. Everything was immaculate for our stay. Very nice lobby, very courteous staff, spacious and modern rooms. Our stay here was our first with the Hyatt Place brand, and it is now our favorite chain. The rooms are nicer, in my opinion, than those of several hotel chains costing as much as 50% more.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple