All reviews wet bar large tv shopping and restaurants free breakfast nice hotel sitting area spacious room the breakfast area great room great place to stay hot breakfast nice stay enjoyed my stay atlanta sofa desk forum
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I stayed last week of May for a week. Avoid the first floor. All rooms have dank musty odor. But rooms on first floor has drainage flies.
Although hotel is nicely decorated, 42" flat screen, and friendly staff -- I didn't get that comfy cozy feeling. The flies were aggravating. One tried crawling up my nose, but I woke up in time to smash in the sheets. I complained. The staff tried to accommodate me by moving me to poolside room. But that room had long Earth worm crawling in floor near bathroom. JUST FILTHY! I checked out and went to Wingate around the corner on P'tree Industrial. Its more clean, fresh, newer hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank TripQueen72
Reviewed 25 May 2009

This hotel is a newly redesigned Hyatt Place, with the large flat-screen TV's and free wireless access throughout the hotel. The lobby is really nice, and we used it for many social things throughout our stay.

The breakfast is a solid B-, not having much of anything warm to eat. It's a true continental breakfast, with cereal and fruit being the only two things to eat. Be sure to bring your own drinks, because to purchase a 20 oz. drink at the front desk was $2.75!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I had to stay here for a business trip, and the entire stay was prepaid by my company. I checked out as usual, paid for my two miserable meals from the Gallery (more like Galley slaves) and left. Two days later I went to go pay my mortgage and saw that I had no money in my bank about because this hotel had charged me. For someone else's room. For someone else's very expensive room. It took me over an hour on the phone to get someone on the phone who could even pull up my record, and then they refused to reverse the charge. I got my bank and their manager and the regional chain manager on the phone, and they finally agreed to reverse the charges immediately, and that was all I got. No apology, no refund, nothing. Just huge inconvenience and lots of practice not losing my temper on the phone. My bank was a great help, the regional manager seemed ashamed and was very concerned that I should realize that Hyatt Place was not Hyatt, and that their crappiness should not affect my persception of the true Hyatt name. The Hyatt Place manager was a surly jerk who didn't care about how stupid he looked, how incompetent he was, or how much business he was going to lose. The regional manager didn't use the word 'crappiness' but I'm pretty sure she was thinking it.

Hyatt Place hotels (motels) have no room service, you have to get your own food and the one in Norcross has no extra blankets (unless that guy who's room they charged me for took them all). The phone didn't work at first, the free internet requires you to reregister every day and their firewall is complete crap. The decor is nice, but the sofa was too low to sit on comfortably while eating and the nonadjustable desk chair was too low to work at the desk comfortably. Maybe they only want giants at their hotels. Giants who don't check their bank statements.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank nusato
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I'm not sure if this hotel has been remodeled in the last few months, but it definitely does NOT need attention. Everything was immaculate for our stay. Very nice lobby, very courteous staff, spacious and modern rooms. Our stay here was our first with the Hyatt Place brand, and it is now our favorite chain. The rooms are nicer, in my opinion, than those of several hotel chains costing as much as 50% more.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2008

This was my third stay at this hotel. Unfortunately, this two night trip wasn't without problems. The first thing I noticed was the soiled carpet in the halls and rooms. In the first room there were stains on the decorative pillows, the toilet wouldn't stop running after flushing and the air went out on our second night. The staff was very apologetic and moved us immediately to another room. Unfortunately, the carpet was dirty in that room as well. With the negatives out of the way, there are positives -- such as the location, suite sized rooms, breakfast buffet, comfortable bedding and the hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating during our weekend stay. Upon check-out our bill was adjusted $10/night for our inconvenience. The gesture was made without our request, which to me, demonstrated employee concientiousness. Hopefully the issues will be resolved and this property will return to it's previous standard of high quality.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)