“Second stay and now I'm on the fence about going back”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I stayed at this location a couple months ago, and was back again this weekend because the first stay went fairly well. This weekend, I was told something that may keep me from returning though. I know the hotel business is busy, and that people don't want to be awakened and don't want to have to work until crazy hours because of a few rooms that need to be cleaned last. However, after being up very late Friday night, we put out the do not disturb and set an alarm for 10:30. Leaving at 11:30, and seeing housekeeping just a couple doors away, we removed the sign and were confident that the room would be cleaned. However, when we returned after 6, the room was just as we left it.

I was livid, so my friend went downstairs to ask for additional towels instead. They were told that if the houskeeping staff ever saw a do not disturb on the door, they would not come back even after you removed it and left. I've stayed in hotels all over the world and the US and this is the first time I have ever heard this as a hotel's policy. Apparently they had enough people complain about having their rooms cleaned after they previously had a do not disturb sign out, that instead of educating their patrons about how the industry does business, they've decided that they should instead snub seasoned travelers and not bother to inform anyone upon check in.

Nice hotel, friendly desk staff, consistent cleanliness, terrible policy execution. Very much not what I would expect from such a widely known chain hotel.

Room Tip: Ask not to be near the elevator unless you enjoy listening to people yelling in the hall at 1am
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Darrin W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Dear Leeja E,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that you did not find our Hotel to meet your needs. We value your feedback and will use it to improve our service. We hope to have to chance to make this experience up to you upon your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I had a wonderful time at the Hyatt Place Atlanta Norcross. My room was large, clean and very quiet. The king size bed was so comfortable and I loved the swivel TV that I could watch from any where in my room. The hotel staff was kind and very helpful and the lounge had an array of friendly guests that made my stay fun and welcoming. They serve Starbucks coffee in the lounge and the hotel restaurant menu had lots of delicious lunch and dinner options. The hotel is in a very quiet and safe neighborhood, and it's in a great location near the city center. I had an awesome time here, one of the best Hyatts in the country.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Darrin W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear Hannah H,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our property and our location! We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree provides incredible service. The management and staff were incredible. Great location. Not to far from Atlanta. We will definitely refer our friends and family to this property.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear TravelIgnite2,

Reviewed 4 November 2016

My stay was good very convenient. My only complaint is the first night I stayed there where ants when I woke up. Other then that it was great. They switched my room with no problems and called another company to clean the other room and handle the problem

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear 657janaef,

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Overall Great Location. Rooms clean and functional. Staff very helpful. Quite at night. On-site Bar and 24 hour food service. Pool area was well kept. Close to shopping and many restaurants. Free parking. Next door, walking distance, to by business function, United Controls International (Nuclear Training Institute.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business