“Like the chain....love the norcross”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Out of state traveller with a 4 year old. Breakfast was solid. Not great, not horrible. There is a publix and a Target and a chikfila all within a few miles. The best part is the staff. We were on the 6th floor and wanted a change to a lower floor. Not a problem, bring your daughter over for a cookie, any plans? Let me get you a map. Just outstanding service. I would expect nothing less but it is always great when it happens.

Only problem is that the pool is an outdoor pool only.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank ewill78358

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I visit the Norcross area twice a year for work, and always stay at this hotel. Up until now, I've never had a problem, but this last trip will probably be my last stay. My hotel rooms are always directly billed to my company. At check in, I was asked for a credit card for incidentals, which I know is customary. Five days into my stay, I received notice that my personal credit card was over the limit. Upon further investigation, I found that my entire 10 day stay had been billed to my personal credit card as well as a $200 charge for incidentals. I went directly to the hotel manager and was told that the problem with the room charges had already been corrected (one of my co-workers had already complained). I asked her why I had been charged $200 for incidentals when I hadn't accrued any, and I was told that was the hotels policy. I have stayed at hotels all over the world, many of them Hyatt properties, and have never been charged up front for anything, other than the room charge. When I explained this to the manager, she tells me I won't be refunded until 5-10 business days after I check out, because I "might damage something". I tell her again, I've stayed at this particular hotel several times, and never had this happen. She replied "well, I've worked at hotels all of my life, and that's just the way we do things." I couldn't believe how rude and unprofessional she was.I understand that mistakes happen, but to treat a long time customer like this is completely unacceptable. She never even apologized for charging my personal card for the room. I've never been treated with such disrespect by a manger. I've also contacted Hyatt with my concerns, and have yet to receive any kind of reply. Needless to say, my company will be booking us at the Hilton going forward.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, make sure you don't get a room near the elevator. If you have a choice, t...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Dana E
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This hotel is quite smaller and little more personable than your major hotel, but the rooms were very spacious, large room with sitting area and sleeping area. The features and benefits to this hotel were a little limited such as bell man and restaurant on the property, but they do make up for it in other ways with their complimentary breakfast every morning, wireless internet, newspaper, and shuttle service. Each time that I visit, I tend to stay at this hotel, it very convenient to nearby restaurants, shopping, banking, and other options. It is a very nice hotel if you're on a short getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank trackaprint
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Ok I make a bad choice once in a while and this was one of those times. This was my first and last stay with Hyatt. The place looks very modern at first glance and could be nice if they payed attention to detail. When we checked in the person at the desk was dressed in a shirt with more stains than you see on a Tide commercial. The room was nice at first glance but when I got to teh bath it was very much in need of repair, wallpaper was peeling, the tub had multiple damage in teh bottom and it was very small! The carpet in the room had multiple stains and the furniture was very worn. Again, not what I expected. And oh yes the breakfast, lets just say theres a good Panera right down the road.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I thought this was going to be a great stay...the week before I stayed in a rather big rat hole - was hoping I'd enjoy this stay. The hotel was very nice and up to date. They even let me check in 5 hours early.

BUT - I should have known - that great deal I landed on this hotel had some string attached. Both nights (Friday and Saturday) the hotel was completely full with all the wrong people. Personally I found it strange that a hotel in a scientific business park was full of this type of patron.

Both nights I got very little sleep due to 11 years olds ridig the elevators all night and drunks in and out screaming and slamming doors. Not my idea of a good time after two full days of work.

Saturday I made 5 calls to the front desk to ask them to resolve the issue..that didnt happen and the front desk rang my room multiple times asking for my assistance in locating the noise (not my job).

Beyond the insane noise..the hotel was very very nice and I was very happy with the room. The bed was a bit hard - but I've had worse. Breakfast here is weak..better just skip it and hit the Starbucks down the street.

This hotel is close to the Best Italian I've ever had. You must try Gino's..

Before I stayed here again..I would call ahead to be sure the hotel isn't almost booked out completely to a youth group or band of aborigines...also stay on the 6th floor..far away from the elevators.

• Stayed: January 2012